Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Arguzeen wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:14 pm Thanx for teaching me how to use macro and better way to send sysex :) However, i have no luck with 4 byte parameters. Everything is fine with any 1 byte parameter.
Looking at this now. I don't have the hardware to test myself, but I'll see if I can match what the specs require. (As an aside, you can enter hex values directly into data objects rather than converting them to decimal. So the "sample parameter change" packet could be "0x43, 0x10, 0x58, 0x01, ..." )
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

So I've looked through the A3k SysEx guide, and it seems you need to send the data as 4-bit nibbles. And in the case of UL types like wave start, it expects 8 such nibbles. Give me a while, and I'll build this into something concrete as an example. I'll also see about adding some modules and/or macros for this type of SySex packet manipulation as it's such a common Architect use-case.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Colin, You are magician... :)

Hi Colin,

I know that at some point there will bee some presets, macros, etc. added.
Would it be possible to have a "midi EG" module?
I know/think that there's already some LFO modules planned, but a midi EG would be really amazing.
It could also, with an option for definable "start/stop looping" points, serve as a pretty versatile LFO.

Anyway, thanks again for developing such a powerful tool!

nordickvr wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:43 am Would it be possible to have a "midi EG" module?
It could also, with an option for definable "start/stop looping" points, serve as a pretty versatile LFO.
Absolutely, yes, a flexible envelope will be added to the library. Essentially, the plan is that the automation curves will be added as a module, with some additions such as looping and start offsets, as well as inlets for generative editing.

colin@loomer wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:04 am
nordickvr wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:43 am Would it be possible to have a "midi EG" module?
Absolutely, yes, a flexible envelope will be added to the library. Essentially, the plan is that the automation curves will be added as a module, with some additions such as looping and start offsets, as well as inlets for generative editing.
:arrow: :hyper: Cant wait.
Thanks!

Please find attached a quick example fragment that converts a CC from 0-127, to 8 4-bit nibbles, in the order that the A3k expects them. At least, if I've read the specs correctly, that is!

In order to trace the nibbles I pack them in a tuple for printing. I'm also using a slider for the input, rather than a MIDI controller: you can edit the slider's value in the properties.

Thanks for bringing this use-case to my attention. I've realised that SysEx building is more complex than it needs to be, so there is definitely room here to add modules and features to make this process simpler in future releases. I'm already formulating a few ideas for some new modules, and I'll look into this in some depth after Architect 0.10.0's impending release.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If I run Architect as a VST in Ableton Live, how do I output MIDI to different tracks individually? With multiple tracks configured in Live I only see one output in Architect I can use, "Host".

It currently only supports the single host MIDI output, which is (I believe) all that VST guarantees. One option is to use separate MIDI channels, then have each synth listen to a specific channel. Another is to use virtual-MIDI cables, which I admit is a bit of a faff.

However, I'm fairly sure that the VST plug-in can be configured to actually report the MIDI channels as individual routing sources. I think host support is not universal, but I believe that Ableton does support this. If I enable it, I think that'll basically give you 16 MIDI outputs, effectively.

I'm on the cusp of releasing a new build, but after that's out, I'll see if I can enable this option for the successor.

[/quote]
the plan is that the automation curves will be added as a module, with some additions such as looping and start offsets, as well as inlets for generative editing.
[/quote]
Fantastic :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Architect 0.10.0 is now available for download for macOS, Windows, Linux 32-bit, and Linux 64-bit.

0.10.0 adds the following changes:

- (new) Bridged plug-in scanner ensures that plug-ins which crash or are unstable will not crash Architect.
- (new) Plug-in scan is now a background job and so will continue when the options dialog, or even the Architect UI (when running as a plug-in), is closed.
- (new) Known plug-ins are now listed in the plug-ins dialog, along with some of their configuration details.
- (new) Blacklisted plug-ins list.
- (new) Graph can be zoomed with the mouse-wheel.
- (new) Graph can be scrolled by dragging with the third mouse-button.
- (improvement) Various UI improvements.
- (improvement) Faster preset browser.

:tu:
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

In the plugins list, when looking for my "iZotope" plugins with sorting on "Creator" I discovered they were almost last in the list, due to Architect sorting them case sensitively. Could you please consider ignoring the case when sorting the list? Case doesn't seem to be that relevant here. :-)

Oh shoot, I assumed I did that already, but I guess as you could could the number of lower-case leading creators one on hand, this slipped through the net.

Yes, of course, I will fix this in the next build.

Is it possible to use the sequencers that are instantiated in the structure view, and use them in the play mode , I still haven't found a solution for this .
Clicking on the plus sign ( play mode ) just instantiates another sequencer (as usual ) .
So maybe give us the option to choose ''empty "when clicking on the plus sign and then drop the pattern onit

Same goes for timeline view
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Loomer”