Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AZZIN wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:34 am
mannymang wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:19 am Agreed, might be useful to listen to the seasoned users rather than a simple "democracy."
"seasoned users" means 3 months of usage here :wink:
Sorry, I suppose I'm on a different trajectory with Architect Alberto. I abandoned Architect sequencers day one for exactly the reasons gentleclockdivider describes. I'll revisit them at a later time. What's been only 3 months to me feels much longer. :)

I've hit a brick wall with the generative project with the custom scales limitation along with the "Force to Scale" module min/max limitation.

I created a metronome so I could get other intervals, for example: ["16 Bars","15 Bars","14 Bars","13 Bars","12 Bars","11 Bars","10 Bars","9 Bars","8 Bars","7 Bars","6 Bars","5 Bars","4 Bars","3 Bars","2 Bars","1 Bar","3/4","1/2","3/8","1/2t","1/4","3/16","1/4t","1/8","3/32","1/8t","1/16","3/64","1/16t","1/32","1/32t","1/64","1/64t","1/128","1/128t","1/384"]. Works great!

Unfortunately, creating presets with many modules causes Architect to slow the canvas redraw upon opening a preset or reopening Architect in VST mode to minutes when you have 15,000+ events. There is a limit it seems to how many modules can be used with regard to work flow. I'm guessing the fix to this is writing it all in Lua? Not really something I would want to tackle but suppose it may be necessary.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy Architect greatly and have plenty to do in its current iteration and look forward to seeing where you take Architect Colin, I'm just a tad impatient.

Cheers

Could you send me your preset that takes minutes to open? Whilst I'm locked down in terms of features for the next release, I can surely look into radically improving this for the release after. It certainly shouldn't be taking that long to show the UI!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Please, somebody, help...
How do i can convert midi CC 0-127 to sysex 00 00 00 00-FF FF FF FF?
Thanx:)

Arguzeen wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:16 pm How do i can convert midi CC 0-127 to sysex 00 00 00 00-FF FF FF FF?
I'll post an example macro tomorrow morning that does exactly this.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Arguzeen wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:16 pm How do i can convert midi CC 0-127 to sysex 00 00 00 00-FF FF FF FF?
Do you need the sysex value in big-endian or little-endian format? That is, will CC 1 convert to 02 00 00 00, or 00 00 00 02?

Hello Colin.
First time see two different formats. :)
Sure, second - 00 00 00 02.
Thanx for help.
Hope, my Yamaha A5000 can keep that amount of midi traffic... :)

Little-endian it is, then. Thanks for letting me know. I'll put together your example macro after lunch.

It slipped by me before, but aren't FF's illegal sysex byte values? Because each byte must be 7-bits, surely the highest value should be 7F 7F 7F 7F?

May be, i have no idea. The value in manual is: 0..16777215
This is "UL unsigned 32-bit" from here:
http://web.archive.org/web/200503080144 ... #DataTypes

Yes, that 2^24 - 1, so it's a 24-bit number, or 4 lots of 7-bits. Give me a second...

Please find attached a bare-bones example of what you need.

It's a fragment, rather than a preset, so you don't need to be an Architect puchaser to use it. To install, unzip it somewhere, and then import into the graph with right-click > Import.

This example takes any CC message and outputs its value as 4 sysex bytes. It also prints the sysex data array, so you can see how the data is being built. I'm assuming in your case, you'd need to send bytes before this to specify what the sysex parameter does: just let me know if you're struggling, and I can expand the example into something a little more precise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello Colin.
Thanx for teaching me how to use macro and better way to send sysex :) However, i have no luck with 4 byte parameters. Everything is fine with any 1 byte parameter. In attachet file is a preset, with 2 macros, one - "Loop Mode" - works fine, another one - "Wave Start" - no reaction at all...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I followed the steps in the quick start guide, "Building your own sequencer" section, but it appears that the numeric table only has one value, the minimum value. I can't get anything else out of it. What am I doing wrong?

jcgam wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:26 pm I followed the steps in the quick start guide, "Building your own sequencer" section, but it appears that the numeric table only has one value, the minimum value. I can't get anything else out of it. What am I doing wrong?
I see the problem. I have to lock the graph and then switch to panel view and draw with the mouse.

jcgam wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:20 am I see the problem. I have to lock the graph and then switch to panel view and draw with the mouse.
Good catch; I'll update the quick-start docs to make this clear.

Return to “Loomer”