Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Neat looking new MIDI FX:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=535253&p=7585632#p7585632

Note that Melda will very soon also be announcing a MIDI CC modulating device, which will be simpler looking, less money, and less bells and whistles, but I bet quite equally powerful.

Still, this looks really intriguing!

Melda doing MIDI - that should be interesting

David wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:18 am Neat looking new MIDI FX:

Note that Melda will very soon also be announcing a MIDI CC modulating device, which will be simpler looking, less money, and less bells and whistles, but I bet quite equally powerful.

Seems like there is a midi arp/fx/sequencer revival happening.

Zenith first impression is gooood!
at -30% = $55. Will likely buy.
Hey, I assume $79 - 30%.
In my mind I had guessed correctly $80 for Zenith.

As always I like to hear Davids opinion.
And a comparison of the two would be welcome me.

Anyone having issues getting the Zenith demo sent to their emails?

fairlyclose wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:38 am Melda doing MIDI - that should be interesting
It IS—basic, but still Melda:)

viewtopic.php?p=7585879#p7585879

Raddler1 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:06 pm Anyone having issues getting the Zenith demo sent to their emails?
I got an email straight away, but this was posted, too:

You can additionally download it using this link: http://www.audiaire.com/getzenith

David wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:06 pm
Raddler1 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:06 pm Anyone having issues getting the Zenith demo sent to their emails?
I got an email straight away, but this was posted, too:

You can additionally download it using this link: http://www.audiaire.com/getzenith
Thanks, that worked.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:15 am
David wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:18 am Neat looking new MIDI FX:

Seems like there is a midi arp/fx/sequencer revival happening.

Zenith first impression is gooood!
at -30% = $55. Will likely buy.
Hey, I assume $79 - 30%.
In my mind I had guessed correctly $80 for Zenith.

As always I like to hear Davids opinion.
And a comparison of the two would be welcome me.
Looks like I was wrong about the pricing.
Zenith now for 69 GBP / 75 Euro / 79 USD.
This is the intro price. :(
From buyer now likely a non-buyer.
Unless they offer a -50% to the this thread participants.
Hey that sounds like a great idea!

aa
Last edited by mtamayo on Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

ReMidi.
This is is new to me.
Now on sale for $19
https://vstbuzz.com/deals/50-off-remidi-by-songwish/
Comments please.

Is there a midi plugin that morphs midi files in interesting and musical ways?
Perhaps finds the chords of two or more midi files and combines them not necessarily in real time.
Kind of an audio slicer?

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:18 am ReMidi.
This is is new to me.
Now on sale for $19
https://vstbuzz.com/deals/50-off-remidi-by-songwish/
Comments please.
I was just looking at this plugin. I don't really see the benefit of it other than having an already assembled library of MIDI files in different genres. But all of the MIDI editing functions I see on the plugin appear to be very basic and nothing you couldn't do in a DAW. The Plugin Boutique video compared it to Serato Sample, but for MIDI . . . however, I don't think that's a great comparison because one of the main features of Serato Sample is that lets you set trigger points to rearrange on the fly, which I don't see reMIDI having.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:35 am Is there a midi plugin that morphs midi files in interesting and musical ways?
Perhaps finds the chords of two or more midi files and combines them not necessarily in real time.
Kind of an audio slicer?
I would love something like this.

bharris22 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:04 am
Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:35 am Is there a midi plugin that morphs midi files in interesting and musical ways?
Kind of an audio slicer?
I would love something like this.
This is exactly what this thread is all about:) The two best MIDI "morphers" I know of are Rapid Composer and EZKeys, extensively described and demoed with videos earlier right here. I don't exactly know what the K-Kid is thinking about with combining different MIDI files, but EZKeys is all about taking one MIDI file, of chords or not, and "morphing" it with (reharmonizing it to fit) another MIDI file's chords, which is what comes to mind for me with that idea; otherwise, are you meaning to overlay one file with another, or…? Anything else I can think of is easily done manually, in a DAW, but usually with no music-theory "AI" going on or available.

Rapid Composer can do the same thing but isn't quite as efficient as EZKeys for exactly this sort of re-harmonizing, but it also offers the best "auto-variate" algorithms for morphing MIDI files and phrases in real-time that I've ever seen in software. Plus you can easily re-time any phrase with the rhythms of another MIDI file. Plus it's a genius arranger…

As for reMIDI, I'd say it offers (besides the huge library) a quite unique set of tools for automatically zooming in on existing MIDI files and extracting little pieces from them, either chord progressions, or other sorts of phrases. I've been messing around with that concept for many years, and this looks completely fresh and very useful to me, a really helpful and clever use of MIDI programming.

Just dragging into a DAW any of the sort of huge single or esp. multitrack MIDI files of complete classical pieces used in the demo, and that the app seems to be packed with, is just the start of a usually very tedious and lengthy session of cutting, pasting, deleting, etc., mostly neither fun nor worth trying more than once.

I'll be getting this one on sale no further questions asked:) In fact I'd buy it just for the MIDI files, probably, even though I've already got a LOT of those and would be expecting a lot of overlap.

But as you can hear in that Plugin Boutique demo (which is the only one worth watching IMO; the ones from the dev are painfully pared down and incomplete), the bigger the chunks you take from the original compositions, the more obvious it is what's going on and where it's coming from. And what isn't: There's no "combining" or morphing, no re-harmonizing, nothing available besides re-timing and the most basic sort of transposing. It's just a scanner—But with a lot of precision controls for doing that, that I've never seen before.

David,

Thanks for chiming in with your detailed information.
Always good to have your input in these midi matters.

Let me try again with midi file morphing:
(should have said midi track morphing, makes difference?)
If you have 4 midi tracks. In each track can slice and shuffle notes or chords hopefully in a musical method. Then morph or blend the various tracks from an algorithm and/or by the user.
There are several audio counterparts such as IIRC Quadravox and Octamorph.

The idea here is to easily produce variations from two to four midi tracks or even one track with four selected parts. "easily" is important. I know you hate "impenetrable" It need not be in real-time but if so even better.

I reviewed your EZ-keys detailed post on Page 3. You did a great job explaining but in the end I suppose I need to get it to see for myself. Will EZkeys Dream Machine now $29 https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... am-Machine do all that you mentioned? Does it include the full version of Toontrack EZkeys. Edit: I getting it, I need to buy an EZ-keys "instrument."

As for reMIDI with your comments and the $20 price I will get it.

Return to “Effects”