audiodrome (retro? electronic? classic? some other words to catch peoples attention? free mind f**k!)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtu ... e%2001.ogg

i enjoyed doing this :D
i hope you enjoy listening to it even half as much :D

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

(they look like theyre dancing in time)[to some of it at least]

more cowbell...
argh.. where is the fng COWBELL...

OK.. serious moment now...
I guess this is your Eurorack singing for/at you
and then ..
wait, it starts to scream at you...
and do I hear it even speak to you.. or is that you speaking euro to the rack?
aha... is that the Pervurt heavy breathing...

Although I don't have real rack interpret that as you will ... whistles silently I do use VCV_Rack and just love the freedom away from that damn time_line...
In the rack I feel we are in a free floating world... no bars or time ticking away on that DAW_Linear line...
Nice one Vurty ))))

vurt wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:19 pm retro? electronic? classic? some other words to catch peoples attention?
With this exception, that always alienates me.
at least it isn't " _ _ beats"

Interesting electro stuff. A little long for me but the player works well for a needle drop.

listening on headphones (speakers getting repaired) - and enjoying!
what you don't know only makes you stronger

toonertik wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:10 am more cowbell...
argh.. where is the fng COWBELL...
you mock! however, at some point in the evening, there was cowbell! or at least an approximation thereof (it might be a cymbal) mixed in with the samples on grandpa :hihi:
theres about 5 hours of this stuff altogether :lol:
OK.. serious moment now...
I guess this is your Eurorack singing for/at you
and then ..
wait, it starts to scream at you...
and do I hear it even speak to you.. or is that you speaking euro to the rack?
aha... is that the Pervurt heavy breathing...
again, possibly the sampler.
except the heavy breathing, that might be me. not in a pervurted way, i just smoke way too much :o
Although I don't have real rack interpret that as you will ... whistles silently I do use VCV_Rack and just love the freedom away from that damn time_line...
In the rack I feel we are in a free floating world... no bars or time ticking away on that DAW_Linear line...
Nice one Vurty ))))
yeah that's the thing i love the most, forgetting about timing, just playing around for the sake of playing :hihi:

vcv, as well as many other modular software, is great too :tu:
although reaktor is still my fave of the lot, probably because its been with me since i pretty much started in software (that and vaz :( rip ) but some of the new kids on the block are really pushing the envelope, no pun intended...

thanks for listening 8)

jancivil wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:41 am
vurt wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:19 pm retro? electronic? classic? some other words to catch peoples attention?
With this exception, that always alienates me.
at least it isn't " _ _ beats"
beetz! fo shiz! :band:

how can you have any pudding if you don't beats your meats! :x
:scared:

fastlanephil wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:21 am Interesting electro stuff.
thanks 8)

A little long for me but the player works well for a needle drop.
totally understandable :) not everyone is in to long form stuff, or indeed has the time even if they are.
so i do appreciate people like yourself, who know the chances are, its going to be long, but you still come back time and again :)

and yeah, feel free to skip around.
tbh, i think doing this, you may even notice some of the changes, more than if you listen to the full thing.
as they can in some cases be quite subtle over time, they become less obvious.

thanks again for the listen :)

woggle wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:56 pm listening on headphones (speakers getting repaired) - and enjoying!
well, i hope there no "extra resonant" moments :o
im pretty sure i kept it quite tame though :hihi:

thanks, glad you enjoyed :)

My Feedback (On The Vurt Scale)

Weirdness Factor - 9
Sounds/Noises - 9.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 9

Overall - 9.375

Comments: Sorry it took me so long to get to this. I've been juggling so many things right now. Anyway, I hear at least 3 different oscillators going at one time, each with a different modulation control. Yes? The contrast is really unnerving at times but way cool. I can imagine this, with the main low end OSC a little lower in volume and with some reverb, as a backdrop for a kind of "Late Great Planet Earth" documentary. If you've never seen that (with Orson Welles doing narration) you gotta check it out.

Questions: What kind of filter on the wobble OSC? What kind of OSC to begin with? Love the sound. The high pitched OSC, what is it being run through? Sounds like there aren't any traditional FX like delay or reverb but it's hard to tell. If they're there, they're very subtle. Odd track. It's dry but spacey. Not sure how you achieved that sound. Maybe it's just the contrast between the low and high OSCs. Any EQ on any of this. Sounds like no.

All I know is you're not getting this sound ITB.

At least I'm not. :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:57 pm My Feedback (On The Vurt Scale)

Weirdness Factor - 9
Sounds/Noises - 9.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 9

Overall - 9.375

Comments: Sorry it took me so long to get to this. I've been juggling so many things right now.
don't be daft. i only posted it last night :lol:

Anyway, I hear at least 3 different oscillators going at one time, each with a different modulation control. Yes? The contrast is really unnerving at times but way cool.
3 oscillators, 2 saws (one supersaw :hyper: ) 1 sine, plus the granular sampler.
all with different timing on pwm or pitch for the granular sampler, and for the vca mixer.
I can imagine this, with the main low end OSC a little lower in volume and with some reverb, as a backdrop for a kind of "Late Great Planet Earth" documentary. If you've never seen that (with Orson Welles doing narration) you gotta check it out.
yep, ive seen it, and i totally get what you mean :tu:
id like to do the reverse of that, not necessarily that narration, but some long form spoken word, with one of those cool voices. as a back drop for me to play against :hihi:
i love the bullshit for example, mark devlin comes out with, about conspiracies within the music industry, but his voice is not cool at all! :hihi:
Questions: What kind of filter on the wobble OSC? What kind of OSC to begin with? Love the sound. The high pitched OSC, what is it being run through?
the wobble oscillator is the cloud generator, with maximum saw voices, in to the doepfer wasp filter. with resonance set to "waspy as feck!" :D
the high pitched oscillator goes in to the first cinnamon filter (lp)
the lower oscillator goes straight into the vca mixer, as does the granular sampler.

then a single out from the mixer in to a second cinnamon filter.

again, out of time modulations :D
Sounds like there aren't any traditional FX like delay or reverb but it's hard to tell. If they're there, they're very subtle. Odd track. It's dry but spacey. Not sure how you achieved that sound. Maybe it's just the contrast between the low and high OSCs. Any EQ on any of this. Sounds like no.

just one max delay, about 50% fb, memory man style delay :)

All I know is you're not getting this sound ITB.

At least I'm not. :lol:
other than the delay, and the loop recorder from guitar rig, its all the eurorack.
i could use the actual pedals, but my guitar is plugged in to that lot :hihi:

ps: thanks for listening :)

"electro"
:(
you're practically covered in baked beans now

at least it scores high on the vurt scale

hmmm kinda sounded like the everlasting gobstopper machine from Willy Wonka movie. except on long play.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

jancivil wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:25 pm "electro"
:(
cmon, its pure break dance music!
i reckon youre doing the electric boogaloo as we speak!!
you're practically covered in baked beans now
its an extra layer against the cold.
i read about it on moneysavers.com
at least it scores high on the vurt scale
im actually really worried about the day i don't score high on the vurt scale :o
the day i do something that sounds like a sting track :scared:

Return to “Music Cafe”