Dune 3 or Arturia Pigments?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3 Pigments 5 Universal - Dune 3 Presets

Astralv wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:10 am Is Pigments part of V Collection 6? My account offers to upgrade from 5 for $250. Dune 3 is offered at $179- upgrade from Dune 2 is 79. How do you compare Pigments and Dune upgrades in price? Thanks.
It is not part of the V collection

Kongru wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:52 pm I read everyone's comments and ended up getting Arturia Pigments. Let me explain why:

Dune 3 sounds better to me. So why did I get Pigments instead? I've owned Dune 2 for a couple of years and used it numerous times, but each time I never really felt inspired by it. I had the same issue with Sylenth (which I sold). What good is a synth if you never feel compelled to use it?

Look at Massive, the sound is considered inferior in this day and age but if you open it up you instantly feel compelled to play around. It's inviting, it's fun, it's inspiring. Pigments is exactly that, and then some. It makes music fun, which it should be, especially considering it's not a job to me.

Others may have a different mindset or definition of fun, but to me Dune just switches off the right side of my brain whenever I open it. Having had a play around with Pigments I feel that I definitely made the right decision - for me!
This. Exactly my thoughts. I'm opening it and the inspirational wave hits me instantly. The sound is actually well balanced. I noticed that non of the wavetable syths are trying to recreate that analogue sound. I guess that would be a CPU destroyer.

Return to “Instruments”