Automatic clarity/unmasking: SPL Vitalizer vs Gullfoss vs Intensity?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was planning on getting Gullfoss when it's released for Windows, but the SPL Vitalizer software emulation is on sale for two days.. how do they compare? They both claim to use psychoacoustic principles to maximize clarity. Gullfoss is more of a smart EQ while Vitalizer claims to only "enhance": "instead of deleting allegedly unnecessary information, it enhances it. In order to do that, the Vitalizer takes into account the perception of a frequency in relation to its volume."

Could it be beneficial to use Gullfoss and then Vitalizer, or would Gullfoss render Vitalizer redundant? (Can't test it currently because I don't have access to a Mac.)

As a side note, how does Zynaptiq Intensity compare to them? Is there another software program that's better at using psychoacoustic principles to automatically achieve greater clarity/unmasking?

Throw MSpectralDynamics into the pot too but more versatile
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:16 pm Throw MSpectralDynamics into the pot too but more versatile
There was an interesting thread where people were speculating they could reproduce the effects of these automatic psychoacoustic EQs using a psychoacoustic curve in MSpectraldynamics. But the developers denied that's what it is and no one claimed to have actually succeeded in reproducing them. I've already bought MSpectraldynamics but beyond the Trackspacer effect (for two tracks) it doesn't seem to have the "automatic" option (particularly for unmasking more than two tracks, or mastering) or the psychoacoustic algorithms for clarity... do you think manually tweaking with MSpectraldynamics can reasonably have the same effects?

(Incidentally, the two-day SPL Vitalizer sale is not that great, since PA doesn't give out vouchers in December, which means it will probably be cheaper with voucher in the summer. But I'm tempted to start the free trial this weekend and hope Gullfoss gets released for Windows before the trial runs out so I can test them together.)

Zynaptiq Unfilter does the trick...

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”