Picture this ! Arturia Pigments is here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Stefken wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:36 pm
fmr wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:59 am like not implementing Unison in the VA oscillators
Yeah, why is that? CPU-consumption?
Maybe... I don't know. I'm not working for Arturia. :D
Fernando (FMR)

Biome_Digital wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:30 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:12 pm
parricide wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:27 pm whats special about this?
it looks like every other wavetable subtractive synth out there.
any special features im missing?
Well for a start it isnt just wavetable, it has Arturias 'VA' engine as well (so you could just use it as a 6 osc VA synth or a 3 OSC VA + Wavetable, or a 2 x Wavetable) - the way its constructed it looks like it is designed to be expanded with other osc engines in the future (so maybe more like Falcon)

It already has 8 of the realy top filters from their other products like the SEM and Mini etc.

It has one of the very best resizable GUI's I have used so far on any VST. Its fast and realy easy to program and you can see everything that is going on visually with colour and movement all on one page.

Supurb sound browser/tagging options that even show you what filter and oscillator engine are used in the patch (unique?) - it doesn't matter how many great sounds a synth has if you cant find them!

It has a very advanced sequecer with probability gate and trigger etc, it also has some advanced modulators (like Turin) and combiners (so yoiu can combine for exanmpek, a turin oputput with an LFO)

It can certainly do what every other wavetable synth can do, but it can also do more with the VA and sequencing side than any standard wavetable system I am aware of (I am not incluing Avenger, Falcon etc on this list!) and definitely looks and better and has better workflow for me. I like the modern GUIs that dont ape hardware.

I have been a Serum user since it came out, I now prefer Pigments..its not a revolution, its just evolution.
Well said! It seems so many people dismiss a product before they even try it
i got to a point before where i had too many plugins, so i try to be as critical as possible when choosing new ones. its easy to get bogged down in options when there are so many fun plugins out there.
although, i was not completely dismissing it, just asking about special features.

Return to “Instruments”