Hive 1.2 - free update - adds wavetables and more

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Yeah it's all 44100.

Don't know if it helps, but I had similar problem, I had a Reaper project at 96000 Hz, set up for making wavetables. In Reaper I made a 2048 samples long empty item and duplicated it several times. Then I filled those items with different audio files and exported the whole thing to 44100 Hz WAV. And Hive somehow was importing it incorrectly - wrong number of frames. Turned out, the problem was in the project samplerate - 96000 Hz. it should have been 44100 Hz. Because an item of 2048 samples have different length in milliseconds at 44100 Hz and 96000 Hz.

yeah, but I went through the wavetables in RX and they all seem to be OK, all 44,1/32bit and correct lengths.

I have since figured out the sound i was trying to remake was a pretty simple combination of 4 OSCs and a pretty basic Saw/Pulse so i made a good enough approximation for live performance purposes with the existing 6-shapes waveshape and some suboscillator magic.
Seems to be pretty easy to get what you want... if you know what it is. :D
Sounds better than the original now.

Ploki wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:41 pm hm. I created a file 48 frames long (2048*48) and even specified "name -wt2048.wav" and it loads as 41 frames.
"-wt 2048 name.wav" doesn't change anything, it still loads as 41 frames.

so the file is 98304 samples long... By the looks of it, Hive used 2397,65 samples for one WT to get 41 frames... ugh
Hmmm, it would be great to get that file for an inspection. Would you mind sending it to support at u-he dot com?

Thanks,

- U

Support got back; It should be a Mono file.
I didn't pay attention actually, it's obvious a wavetable should be mono. :D

I guess we'll fix it anyway ;-)

Thanks for bringing it to our attention :)

pleasure. :D Two weeks in, I'm extremely happy with Hive by the way, and its one of the fewer Synths I dare to use live

Urs wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:32 am
Request for Hive2: LP48 filters? :ud:

sidenote; i've really gotten a hang of Hive; for live purposes I have so far recreated sounds from:
Wiggle (bounce i had from Demo), Strobe2+Cypher2 stack, Repro-1.
Where builtin OSCs fail, wavetables come to the rescue.
It's just so much fun and fast to work with :o

Also does anyone know if there's a less hodge-podge way in Hive to do this (in screenshot)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:shock:

:drunk:

Ploki wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:21 pm Also does anyone know if there's a less hodge-podge way in Hive to do this (in screenshot)
As far as I can tell, more than 2 instances of that particular modulation has no effect, so 02 and 03 are redundant here. I would like to be proven wrong!

The method works fine for unison detune... more slots means more detune. Also works for the main oscillator's Semitone parameter - just not for the SUB's Semitone.

Howard wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:07 am
Ploki wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:21 pm Also does anyone know if there's a less hodge-podge way in Hive to do this (in screenshot)
As far as I can tell, more than 2 instances of that particular modulation has no effect, so 02 and 03 are redundant here. I would like to be proven wrong!

The method works fine for unison detune... more slots means more detune. Also works for the main oscillator's Semitone parameter - just not for the SUB's Semitone.
I have a very short decay set (so it makes a snap), so without enough slots it probably doesn't have enough time to shoot all the way up.

^I'll check that - thanks :)

Ploki wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:59 am

I have a very short decay set (so it makes a snap), so without enough slots it probably doesn't have enough time to shoot all the way up.
Are you trying to get a brighter click at the start of the sound? I don't know Hive too well but maybe that's an issue of how to set the phase reset of the oscillators. Also I don't know whether you can set the start phase of the oscillators to something different than zero (?).

u-u-u wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:54 am
Ploki wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:59 am

Are you trying to get a brighter click at the start of the sound? I don't know Hive too well but maybe that's an issue of how to set the phase reset of the oscillators. Also I don't know whether you can set the start phase of the oscillators to something different than zero (?).
You can either use drag and drop from a slot to the phase retrigger menu or select the Phase Control from the mod matrix preset list.
Always Read the Manual!

Return to “u-he”