Hive 1.2 - free update - adds wavetables and more

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Great update!

Will Hive get NKS compatibility in a future update?

Reefius wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:45 pm Will Hive get NKS compatibility in a future update?
Yes. It was nearly ready, but it wasn't possible to go through the acceptance process before end of this year with that many presets. So we did this release now, and aim for yet another in spring 2019, with NKS and a revised and more pleasant UI.

Urs wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:22 am
mevla wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:45 am The X/Y parameters does not seem to be exposed to the DAW. There's a XY:Y4 parameter that Bitwig sees but that parameter does not move at all when the X/Y cursor is moved around.
Might be an issue with the Linux build...? If so, maybe crosspost in Alex' dungeon...?
So it works well in other versions. All right, posted to the dungeon.

Urs wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:48 pm
Reefius wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:45 pm Will Hive get NKS compatibility in a future update?
Yes. It was nearly ready, but it wasn't possible to go through the acceptance process before end of this year with that many presets. So we did this release now, and aim for yet another in spring 2019, with NKS and a revised and more pleasant UI.
Great! :tu:

Thank you, Urs and team, what a great update -- what a great synth! Love the additions! Your reputation for very generous (and sometimes even epic) free product point updates continues! And what a great holiday gift!

Also, made a little video to show what the fuss is about with Wavetable interpolation. Also added a test file for anyone to try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-eZWQ3UJ4c

Test wavetable file in case you don't want to visit Youtube:

https://uhedownloads-heckmannaudiogmb.n ... rmonic.zip

8)

Very interesting video :tu:

And... just bought as well :lol:

Little issue report : I saw that the "search" label in the associated TextEditor in the presets browser is black instead of blue when the browser is scanning the folders for presets, with the "scanning..." progress bar. I think I have already seen something similar in other u-he synths as well :wink:

Ivan_C wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:37 pmAnd... just bought as well :lol:
I saw, thanks! 8)

Re. search glitch: I'll point Tas to this...

Urs wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:42 pm Re. search glitch: I'll point Tas to this...
It's not a bug, it's a feature. :D
The search label changes the colour during a scan to indicate that one cannot enter a new search term while a preset scan is in progress.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Urs wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:18 pm [*]New Mod Matrix modifiers (Curve, Quantize, Rectify, Slew Limiter)
[*]Pitchbend range now +/−48
[*]New user defined MIDI CC sources replace fixed expression and breath modulation
It should be mentioned that the new user defined MIDI CC sources allows one to select CC#74 as a source which is important for MPE.

That along with the +/-48 pitchbend and the new Mod Matrix modifiers makes Hive a solid MPE synth.

The new Uhm scripts modulate very well and sound great across a wide octave range. Hive now really lends itself to expressive MPE playing.

It's not a bug, it's a feature. :D
The search label changes the colour during a scan to indicate that one cannot enter a new search term while a preset scan is in progress.
OK I said nothing :D

And congrats for all the work, can't wait to free some time to play more with the uhm scripts :tu:

I did a quick test and copied over my Serum wavetable folder, which is quite extensive. Works like a charm! What a great update for existing users.

I still only have two gripes with Hive.

a) The interface. There was a thread about a year ago where you introduced a few redesign ideas. Is this still happening?

b) The filters. I'd love to see a few more filter options. Some filters with a bit more character. Doesn't have to be the ressource intensive, analog modeled Diva filters. Just a few more options to choose from. The current filters sound a bit boring for my taste...

Very very nice, Urs!
I'm adding wavetables to some of my latest Hive tracks right now and it sounds really good!
Do the character modes affect the wavetables in any way? It would be cool if the Dirty mode made them sound more like an old PPG with aliasing in the low end.

When is someone going to convert the PPG/Waldorf waves to Hive haha?

"Increased maximum number of skins from 10 to 20"

where are they and how to install them?

That's a theoretical maximum of skins that can be installed at any point in time. Not that Hive is coming with that many skins.

Return to “u-he”