Labyrinth Of Faith - NEW TRACK

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My Feedback

Music - 5
Instruments - 7
Performance - 6
Mix - 8

Overall - 6.5

Comments: Drums too in the face for my taste but this is probably a genre thing? Audio at times sounds like a record skipping. I'm assuming this is intentional. Anyway, waiting for some kind of melody or anything but it's starting to sound like just a loop played over and over. Isn't until about 2:46 when I hear a modulation in key. I will say this much, the recording is clean. Other than that, doesn't do much for me musically at all. And then the sudden end cutoff like you just stopped the DAW? And then I look and see the tons of comments this track has gotten and all the raves.

Maybe I really am just too old for today's music because I don't get this at all. If I had done this track and posted it here, I'd expect it to be torn to shreds and rightfully so.

So okay folks, what is it that I'm not getting here because obviously I'm not getting it if this track is getting so many comments and raves.

It does sounds looped. There should be some melodies in this to keep it interesting. It just feels wrong with the stops and starts of the loops. The change at 2:46 was welcome, but it doesn't change my overall opinion that you need to go back and add some melodic flavor to it and make it sound less obvious that you are using loops. Also, it should fade out at the end. The sudden stop bothers me.
Software: Reason 10, Acid Pro 8, Reaper, Sibelius,RapidComposer,Captain Plugins, Orb Plugins
https://soundcloud.com/devin-cooper-620205327
Need help with writing Lyrics, Try This: https://lyricstudio.net/?via=devin

nice atmosphere. the bells are cool. very minimal.

@00:39 such an obvious start of a loop. then again throughout the track. very sloppy looping
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”