DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Calandria wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:08 pm The Filter bug should have or at least could have been ironed out by the Beta Testing crew, what do Beta Guys do these days? :D
You can blame us here, but not the beta testers. There is quite a few ways to implement filter routing and blend, some will prove to be more useful than others but that's it.
Calandria wrote: Love the Formant and Vowel Filters in Dune, Excellent stuff indeed.
Glad you like them, we spent a lot of time on those :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Gamma-UT wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:00 pm Does anyone know whether it's possible to deactivate a Dune 3 licence on a machine? As far as I can tell there's a limit of three. The old desktop machine is going to turn into a glorified file server – so it's nice to have a spare activation or two in hand just in case a motherboard bursts into flames.

Is it like the AAS system where the activation count gets reset after a few months?
Yes it gets reset, old unused machines no longer count.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

So, is this routing bug fixed which Dasheesh was talking about or...its not bug at all?

HcDoom wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:37 pm So, is this routing bug fixed which Dasheesh was talking about or...its not bug at all?
It's not a bug. It just doesn't work the way he wants it to work.

Richard_Synapse wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:48 pm
Gamma-UT wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:00 pm Is it like the AAS system where the activation count gets reset after a few months?
Yes it gets reset, old unused machines no longer count.

Richard
Great. Thanks.

BMoore wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:46 am Not support, but your constant annoying and disruptive complaining is enough for any developer to shy away from you like the plague.
Some developers don't even have the privilege to have their product even mentioned on forums, let alone criticised, and that's even worse with no objective opinions.

Nothing gets developed to your liking if you don't speak up and make yourself heard, developers are not telepathic. And for reference, aspects of things I document and design visually are implemented to improve commercial products and have been for years in some way or another. Not only do I have a degree from several years of University study in this area but over 10 years of focused development since then.

Sitting on the sidelines being a fanboy for a product is no use to anyone and they generally have a reputation to attack those who are not that actively speak out....but hay that's today's internet.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 pm
BMoore wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:46 am Not support, but your constant annoying and disruptive complaining is enough for any developer to shy away from you like the plague.
Some developers don't even have the privilege to have their product even mentioned on forums, let alone criticised, and that's even worse with no objective opinions.

Nothing gets developed to your liking if you don't speak up and make yourself heard, developers are not telepathic. And for reference, aspects of things I document and design visually are implemented to improve commercial products and have been for years in some way or another. Not only do I have a degree from several years of University study in this area but over 10 years of focused development since then.

Sitting on the sidelines being a fanboy for a product is no use to anyone and they generally have a reputation to attack those who are not that actively speak out....but hay that's today's internet.
Why are you talking to me about this?
And you just proved my and others point.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 pmNothing gets developed to your liking if you don't speak up and make yourself heard, developers are not telepathic.
That's ridiculous...

There is lots of software that I think is brilliant as is and I never made a comment about it. In fact most people do not spend their time in forums trying to tell developers what to do. Lots of them like the software they use. That is not because developers are telepathic, but because lots of them are very smart and skilled and make very good software.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:24 am
THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 pmNothing gets developed to your liking if you don't speak up and make yourself heard, developers are not telepathic.
That's ridiculous...
But if they don't support MPE I have to help them and remind them of its importance...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:06 pm
That's ridiculous...
But if they don't support MPE I have to help them and remind them of its importance...
:tu:
Best
YY

That's ridiculous...
It really is. Developers of popular plugins make popular plugins because they hit the sweet spot of their buyers/the market, not because a minority who believes it speaks for the majority of users constantly shouts on internet forums.

Just to clear things up while I have a second, YES it works as designed, I just didn't like the way it was done. I thought it was a mistake so I kept waiting for a fix and wasn't doing any patching with it, thinking it would change. Now that I can dig into it more, this way does have its advantages too. I can swing the oscillators from filter to filter. Be nice to be able to modulate the pan between the two filters. Havent figure that out yet. Anyway, it works.

Dasheesh wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:51 am Just to clear things up while I have a second, YES it works as designed, I just didn't like the way it was done. I thought it was a mistake so I kept waiting for a fix and wasn't doing any patching with it, thinking it would change. Now that I can dig into it more, this way does have its advantages too. I can swing the oscillators from filter to filter. Be nice to be able to modulate the pan between the two filters. Havent figure that out yet. Anyway, it works.
Filter balance is a modulation destination in the mod matrix. Is that what you want?
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Guys, I made a block diagram of what's going on that will show you that what WAGS is talking about, and what I'm talking about are actually the same thing. I can post it as an attachment if I get the ok from Mr. Synapse. It's just a hand drawn block diagram I made. In short, he just did it a little differently, and that's all there is to it. My apologies if necessary Mr. Richard.

i bet the whole "working as designed" is why the beta testers missed it...

Return to “Instruments”