DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

I am pretty sure I read that somewhere yesterday. There was also a link to the SA board, if I remember correctly.

e-crooner wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:21 pm I am pretty sure I read that somewhere yesterday. There was also a link to the SA board, if I remember correctly.
its under development (along with other things) but no beta yet, so no beta testing.

AnX wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:26 pm
e-crooner wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:21 pm I am pretty sure I read that somewhere yesterday. There was also a link to the SA board, if I remember correctly.
its under development (along with other things) but no beta yet, so no beta testing.
Found it, beta testing seems to be just around the corner.
viewtopic.php?p=7607204#p7607204
So, I suppose it will be released in about 8 weeks or so?

Best not to speculate

No problem, I hardly ever buy anything, so a few months more or less makes no difference :)

e-crooner wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:32 pm Found it, beta testing seems to be just around the corner.
Probably longer than that. We typically start beta testing relatively early, before having a final product that is ready to ship. Usually it is just the VST/AU at first, then later other versions like AAX (perhaps also RE in this case). The factory patches are also added at a late stage, when the feature set is complete and sound designers can rely on their patches to no longer change. Same goes for the manual.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Thanx Synapse Audio for the Christmas gift. A free soundbank is always welcome :)
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:50 pm Thanx Synapse Audio for the Christmas gift. A free soundbank is always welcome :)
Has anyone checked to see if any of these patches are already in Dune 3? I'm asking because it says "Best Of Rob Lee." If it's the best of then you have to assume these are previously released patches, which means it's possible that we already have them.

Of course that wouldn't really make any sense. Why release patches that came stock with Dune 3. However, if these are Dune 2 patches that only upgraded users would have, then maybe?

Just wondering. Best Of doesn't imply brand new so somebody must have these somewhere.

Christmas gift? :?

Ghost Dog wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:12 pm Christmas gift? :?
I didn't got one as well.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

wagtunes wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:11 pm
dionenoid wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:50 pm Thanx Synapse Audio for the Christmas gift. A free soundbank is always welcome :)
Has anyone checked to see if any of these patches are already in Dune 3? I'm asking because it says "Best Of Rob Lee." If it's the best of then you have to assume these are previously released patches, which means it's possible that we already have them.

Of course that wouldn't really make any sense. Why release patches that came stock with Dune 3. However, if these are Dune 2 patches that only upgraded users would have, then maybe?

Just wondering. Best Of doesn't imply brand new so somebody must have these somewhere.
I don't own any Rob Lee soundsets for Dune3, so these are all new sounds for me. Also different sounds from the Factory Soundbanks (some of which are by Rob Lee).
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:22 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:11 pm

I don't own any Rob Lee soundsets for Dune3, so these are all new sounds for me. Also different sounds from the Factory Soundbanks (some of which are by Rob Lee).
So it's probably from a commercial set or number of commercial sets that he released.

Ghost Dog wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:12 pm Christmas gift? :?
Was in their newsletter, got it a few hours ago :

Season's Greetings from Synapse Audio!

In collaboration with Rob Lee Sounds, we have a small gift for DUNE 3
users - the "Best of Rob Lee" soundpack with 64 excellent patches,
both in DUNE 3 and NKS formats!

The soundset is available for download in the service area:

Simply log in to your account, go to "Downloads"
then to "DUNE 3 Soundsets".

Happy Holidays,
Synapse Audio Software
More BPM please

I wouldn't mistrust a gift from a renowned developer.

Richard_Synapse wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:18 pm
e-crooner wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:32 pm Found it, beta testing seems to be just around the corner.
Probably longer than that. We typically start beta testing relatively early, before having a final product that is ready to ship. Usually it is just the VST/AU at first, then later other versions like AAX (perhaps also RE in this case). The factory patches are also added at a late stage, when the feature set is complete and sound designers can rely on their patches to no longer change. Same goes for the manual.

Richard
Fine with me. Am curious to see what features it will offer beyond the original :) Maybe an ensemble effect like on the Polysix, and Dune's shimmer reverb.
And if you need old-skool patches from an old-skool guy, let me know :D

Return to “Instruments”