DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Downloaded demo .. wow .. Dune 3 is one seriously nice sounding synth! Unlike Hive which I find sounds thin, these sounds are so thick and alive.

AnX wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:01 pm its 3 operator FM using sine waves

(p31/32 in manual)
Thank you widh it had cross FM between OSC

100tifiko wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:14 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:01 pm its 3 operator FM using sine waves

(p31/32 in manual)
Thank you widh it had cross FM between OSC
yes, you can modulate osc by another osc with the matrix modulation

generaldiomedes wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:43 am Downloaded demo .. wow .. Dune 3 is one seriously nice sounding synth! Unlike Hive which I find sounds thin, these sounds are so thick and alive.
I think on balance, this is probably the best sounding ITB synth. Purely in terms of Oscillators and Filters. Also Fx - which are great.
just an awesome all round synth.
I do wish it had oversampling for the various distortions and what not...but it is fantastic and a joy to work with.

Any suggestions on how to get the best result when making wavetables of my DeepMind synth.
I.E which note to sample, how long a slice to take etc etc.

Is there a option on the synth that checks for updates

DavidCarlyon wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:27 pm I do wish it had oversampling for the various distortions and what not...but it is fantastic and a joy to work with.
+1
:borg:

Is there a way to do phase distortion and how

I recall someone using a certain wavetable, I think Mark over at synapse forum, and using the position of the wavetable to phase distortion another ocsillator. In short, it's possible.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

V0RT3X wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:26 am
DavidCarlyon wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:27 pm I do wish it had oversampling for the various distortions and what not...but it is fantastic and a joy to work with.
+1
+(another)1

Did the distortion get better in v3? I seem to think it did.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

There are 4 new distortion modes, Dirt, Fuzz, Saturation & Dynacrush. But in general, the whole quality of the sound engine of Dune has improved.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Really love the sound of this synth.

Where is the OSC Phase option on this synth I can not find it does it have one if so where thank you

You can find it as a mod matrix destination (osc initial phase). Unfortunately it's buried there, I wish it was available in front of the interface.

What about doing hard sync is this possible in Dune 3 I read the manuel did not see nothing about it

Return to “Instruments”