Arturia 11 December - Pigments Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Thanks Fernando for all the info. The synth seems interesting, to say the least.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

SHall1000 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:43 pm Resizable GUI??
Yes

Demo is available now...

All these different Pigment threads are as redundant as Pigment itself!

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:58 pm All these different Pigment threads are as redundant as Pigment itself!
haha but im a sucker for things I don't need, since I heard about this synth all my other synths stopped functioning, crazy huh :roll:

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:58 pm All these different Pigment threads are as redundant as Pigment itself!
Its been available for about 1 minute and you seem to have a very firm opinion. :dog:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

sureno wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:01 pm
haha but im a sucker for things I don't need, since I heard about this synth all my other synths stopped functioning, crazy huh :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

don't be scared, just ignore it.
like i do.
you never see me post in these threads.

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:25 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:20 pm
Cinebient wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:08 pm Wait....just 3 LFOs and Envelopes?
3 envelopes, 3 LFOs, and '3 function generators'

Should be plenty!
AND three random sources (Turing, Sample & Hold and Binary) :wink:

AND two Combinators... AND four Macros.
Yes but i could use 100 LFOs :D

vurt wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:03 pm
don't be scared, just ignore it.
like i do.
you never see me post in these threads.
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Here is an example of what I call a kind of granular synthesis performed with Pigments.

First, the sample I loaded in Pigments:

VGPERC.transient

Now, a note held for 18 bars. It's just one held note, everything else is done by Pigments:

Pigments Granular Experience
Fernando (FMR)

Already have a lot more fun with the wavetables in this one than with the ones in Dune 3. Once again shows how important it is to ship with some good sounding, and moving wavetables. The modulation system is exccelent, very fast.

Quite heavy on CPU though, and the filters could be better.
Last edited by chk071 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1st time I've had trouble with Arturia stuff.
I get error messages when trying to run Pigments, and also when trying to install the new Software Center. :x

Maybe I'll give them some time to sort it out.

Just played with the demo a bit. It installed with a click. First impressions: It's a nice, high quality piece of work. Sounds great. Easy to program. Generally holds its own. But the only reason I would buy this thing is for the UI and workflow. There's nothing new here sonic-wise or feature-wise. Well some things in the sequencer perhaps, like he ability to set slide uniquely for each note in the sequencer perhaps. Also polyrhythms.

We'll see what kind of price they offer it for to Collection V 6 owners.
Last edited by teilo on Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Cinebient wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:04 pm Yes but i could use 100 LFOs :D
Modulate the parameters of ONE LFO, and it will be like you have a new one each cycle. This is something usually not accessible to modulate (waveform, symmetry and phase of the LFO).
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”