Arturia 11 December - Pigments Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Can't see any info on wavetable import/export/editing/creation etc??

wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:23 pm and prefer to spend my time making music.
Well, great that Pigments is one of the fewer synths that offer such a great interface with very clear visibility of modulation sources, what they do and what they modulate.

It's the package that impresses. Analog style oscillators, wavetable, a ton of modulation sources, a very intuitive sequencer + the extremely great interface. For some people a great interface matters a lot, because as you stated: Soundwise everything is already available in plugin format.
Last edited by flocked on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Duplicate

Duplicate.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:26 pm but this doesn't give me the uniqueness that something like the Synclavier or even the CMI gives me. I have synths that can do what this can do, more or less. To justify an additional expenditure, this would have to offer me something, anything, that I can honestly say "Okay, that is really cool and can't do that with anything else I own." If I can't do that, money being tight these days, I can't justify buying it just to "add" another synth to my collection.
+1 to this, 100%.

Oh, I know what you mean. I have almost ALL the wavetable synths out there (what can I say - I was fascinated when the PPG came out, and I am not cured yet :hihi: )

However, I always find something new in each wavetable synth. In this one, believe me, it was the modulation possibilities (and how easy you can go into crazy territory, by selecting a modulator, and starting assigning destinations, then open that modulator, and start assigning modulations to it) then assign other modulation to the other modulator. It's the wonderful world of the "what if?"

And it's also fascinating how I can load ANY sample (not just wavetables) in Pigments and start messing with all kinds of crazy sonorities. Sure, I can do the same in Falcon and HALion, but things are different in each of them.

But don't take my words. Download the demo, and try for yourself. You have a generous amount of time to be able to work with it without limitations.
Last edited by fmr on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Mmh... looks like we need the latest version of Arturia Center to get the Pigments demo: https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... /resources

chk071 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:35 pm Mmh... looks like we need the latest version of Arturia Center to get the Pigments demo: https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... /resources
If you already have ASC chances are it will be the latest as it self updates on initialisation each time

Alright. I just updated to the latest manually anway, but, still no Pigments...

waltercruz wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:42 pm
Spencer Maddox wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:14 pm The UI is absolutely Stunning...
A Complete Masterpiece in that regard :o :o
The UI remembers me UVI Falcon a lot...
I thought it was Serum
Last edited by VariKusBrainZ on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Resizable GUI??

I just noticed the sequencer seems to have '% probability' on trigger, gate and slide etc Very Electron!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:26 pm I just don't impress as easily as I used to and that is no reflection at all on the quality of the synth, as it is obvious this one is of excellent quality.
Youre right, its the quality of the preset programmer
Amazon: why not use an alternative

SHall1000 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:43 pm Resizable GUI??
Almost certainly, all the other Arturia GUIs are resizable,. they were pone of the first and have a wide range of sizes. Superb preset browser as well, common across all 26 instruments they make.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SHall1000 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:32 pm Can't see any info on wavetable import/export/editing/creation etc??
You can import any WAV file. If it is a wavetable, it will behave like a wavetable. If it isn't... well, it will play, nevertheless :hihi:

You can't create, edit or export wavetables. For that, I use Audio-Term and/or WaveEdit and/or Serum. The first two are free. I created many wavetables purposedly for Pigments during the beta, mainly using Audio-Term, which I think is great for that (no they aren't in the factory wavetables).

When you export presets or banks of presets, the wavetables used will be embedded.

The window below is the wavetable manager window. Clicking on the little wave icon in the top right will open a dialog box that allows you to import a WAV file. If you click on the folder icon at the left of the wave icon, you can import an entire folder of WAV files.

The waves shown in the image are samples of mine I imported. These are NOT regular wavetables, they were imported to allow me to experiment with granular synthesis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by fmr on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”