Tracktion 7: An audio error when a VST plugin is used?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Every time that I add a VST plugin to a track, the audio disappears.The output bar does not detect any audio either.
I get a yellow triangle and when I hover over it, it says "This track contains wave clips which may be inaudible as the audio will be blocked by some of the track's filters."

Does anybody know what causes this or how it might be fixed?
Last edited by yogurt on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

People will need to know which DAW/host you are using - Reaper, Cubase, Ableton...?

Maybe even change the subject title to include it.

Do you have a plugin expecting a midi signal? For example you have an audio track and your VST is an instrument?

Or the opposite you have a midi track with only an audio effect. You need a VST instrument before the effects VST.
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

how is a VST considered an instrument? :dog:

yogurt wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:27 am how is a VST considered an instrument? :dog:
When it is a VSTi.

VST Effects like reverb, eq and compression.

VSTi Synthesizer, piano, sampler.
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

The Tracktion/Waveform specific forum is here: viewforum.php?f=22

You'll have to be more specific about your plugins.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”