How much did you spend on software for this Black Friday (Poll)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

What was your total close to for BF spending?

0-100
37%
100-150
12%
150-200
5%
250-300
17%
350-400
11%
450-500
2%
550-600
2%
650-700
2%
750-800
2%
850-900
1%
950-1000
1%
1050-1100
1%
1150-1200
No votes
1250-1300
No votes
1350-1400
1%
1450-1500
No votes
1550-1600
1%
1650-1700
No votes
1750-1800
No votes
1850-1900
1%
1950-2000
No votes
Over 2000
4%

Total votes: 100

RELATED
PRODUCTS

True :hihi:
You just invented an alternative to Captcha :hihi:

V0RT3X wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:36 pm
jancivil wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:28 pm$0
smart
Might've been slightly smarter to hold off for BF. Haven't compared directly, but I buy very little that's not on sale.

I spent around 6k in September, but I had a ship come in unexpectedly, desperately needed a new computer, went for the gusto.
Now though NI has everything at 50% (although my upgrade to K6 is what there is for dinner). NI Discovery Series was seriously reduced when I bought it. I'm frugal af with everything, except for the MBP.

Loom - 5$ (damn, should have waited for a day. would have gotten it 1$ cheaper from JRR Shop. very very sad)
Sonivox Brass - 4$
Sonivox Woodwinds - 4$
Soundtoys Crystallizer - 26$

Total: 39$ which is 39$ more that I planned to spend on plugins.

Also got a new Samsung 500gb ssd for 85$.
No signature here!

zero

robotmonkey wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:04 am Loom - 5$ (damn, should have waited for a day. would have gotten it 1$ cheaper from JRR Shop. very very sad
Love Loom, completely undervalued synth because of Air's weird pricing bizarreness. I'm probably going to get the Loom II upgrade for $29 as well, because I want Air to care about that synth.

I mean I love the idea they're practically giving it away, but it makes it feel weird to spend essentially 6 times as much for a few more features.. even though $29 is a pretty good upgrade price..

Sugar Bytes Factory and TDR Limiter6 GE - $82.99
Fabfilter Timeless 2 - £32.87
Galbanum Architecture Wavetables - $14.99
Homegrown Sounds Circular group buy - $19.99
Sonic Academy - ANA2 - £53
...and given that Loopmasters have been running their BF sale throughout the month, another £25 on Drumdrops kits (Dub, Soul and Disco)

So about £178/$228. Most of these I was after anyway when the price was good, ANA2 and Timeless weren't really on my radar but after demoing thought they'd be handy additions so only mild GAS this year ;)

Zero. Nothing. Not a bean.

I was going to wait until BF for my new headphones - but (a) I couldn't remember if Thomann did BF and (b) I decided if I needed them, I needed them now. So they arrived on BF... :?

I'll get back to you when I'm done spending..... :help:

This year 1$. Last year around 3k. Have not scratched the surface of what I bought last year.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

my credit card got compromised so I was shut down.... the best way to save I guess...still waiting for my new card...in the middle of a postal strike! so I am saving a bundle, my wife bought me beer...... what a jem!

I'm not saying ... :P

It always costs me a lot because I have various 3D animation software to maintain. Naturally they offer discounts at BF, which is when my previous year’s maintenance always expires now.

And then, not actually BF related at all except by coincidental timing, I took the plunge and got a Haken Continuum.

The good news is that my family will have warm feet this winter, since I won’t be able to afford anything except socks for their gifts.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Well,I spent a grand total of USD $66.30 on music related stuff...

The v4 update for Studio One Pro...

It was all I wanted,so it was all I got :wink:

Ask and ye shall receive...

But I had to pick up a few bits and pieces for a new house I just moved into....

We got a few energy efficient appliances - fridge,washing machine, dishwasher,multi cooker and convection/microwave oven etc..

Happy wife,happy life....

A CCTV system with POE cameras and all the good stuff...

A 6.5 kW solar panel system for the roof that is a bit of overkill,but it will generate a truck load of power,especially with battery backup...

Next,I have to get a few small limestone walls finished and a long driveway and some outdoor areas brick paved...

I won't get any change out of $20k - $22k for that job...

And finally,after all of that is squared away,we have to get the old house on the other side of the block demolished and build the one I have designed for there...

An off the grid,passive solar house with an organic garden,fruit trees, bees and all of that sustainable stuff :tu:

When I was building the two houses on this side of the block,I was always thinking of money in terms of bobcat and operator hours...

So @ AUD $85 an hour,that USD $66.30 for the SO4 UD would have bought me just over an hour of bobcat time :wink:

And believe me,it takes a lot of bobcat hours to do all of the heavy lifting needed for a small development...

Buying a few music toys is no less significant,but it takes way less cash to make it all happen :party:
Last edited by digitalboytn on Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
No auto tune...

One Million Dollars
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

The whole development is costing just a touch over USD $66.30 :wink:
No auto tune...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”