FabFilter Pro-Q 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

Don't regret the upgrade. Though I first thought the dynamic section is a bit limited, I used it quite heavily so far :D It didn't replace other dynamic eqs in my plugin list, but the improvoments in the "standard" eq alone is worth the upgrade.

XxEDxX wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:47 pm Don't regret the upgrade. Though I first thought the dynamic section is a bit limited, I used it quite heavily so far :D It didn't replace other dynamic eqs in my plugin list, but the improvoments in the "standard" eq alone is worth the upgrade.
Out of curiosity, which dynamic eq is your first choice?
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

escalona wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:21 pm
XxEDxX wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:47 pm Don't regret the upgrade. Though I first thought the dynamic section is a bit limited, I used it quite heavily so far :D It didn't replace other dynamic eqs in my plugin list, but the improvoments in the "standard" eq alone is worth the upgrade.
Right now the HOFA IQEQ does everything I need and is pretty simple to handle.

XxEDxX wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:30 pm
escalona wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:21 pm
Right now the HOFA IQEQ does everything I need and is pretty simple to handle.
:tu:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

:tu:

I thought the dynamic section was a wonderful extra and it turned out that way. FabFilter just nails this kind of thing.

Fleer wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:21 am I thought the dynamic section was a wonderful extra and it turned out that way. FabFilter just nails this kind of thing.
That was something I was already doing with Pro-Q2, automating a band based on other audio. So it was an easy upgrade (among other features). I like how it enhanced the workflow and didn't burden it, which is arguably its selling point. If it did more, it would become a different product entirely. Pro-Q3 goes in as an insert or on a bus, can solve problems or be creative, the dynamic EQs don't come in until mixing/mastering if needed at all (e.g., it's someone else's mix).

^^^ Well deserved.

But I am hanging out for 64-bit internal processing. Until then, PSP MasterQ is the true King of Clean.

Return to “Effects”