Bitwig audio routing know-how limitations are ... severe.

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antic604 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:00 pm
kurt008 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:49 pm Ok, you know what? Now I understand the reason, why Bitwig closed their forum.
Criticism is to most of you what holy water is to the devil.
I've no idea why they closed it, but if - like you demonstrate here - you come to criticise and don't accept any ideas that solve the problem but don't work 100% like you want, then there's no discussing things, indeed :shrug:

Bitwig isn't perfect, but - oh boy! - neither is Reaper. If routing audio is 90% of what you do then stick with it. Otherwise weight all the "extra" time you need spending with Bitwig doing workarounds vs. time it saves you in other areas. If that math doesn't give you a positive result, don't use Bitwig.
If you don't read my replies (ore simply those ones you seem to "like"...) I can't help.
You have your complains, other users have other - that simple it is.
You don't need to understand that complain, as other users don't need to understand yours - right? So it looks like trolling here is the same as everywhere. A forum is a place to collect questions, answers, criticism,... but it is in no way a place to criticize other users for a criticism that you don't like to be there, did you get me???
If you don't like other users statements either report them or simply stay out of this thread. I won't do such trolling, because it is a strike against all known forum rules. And again: If you have a problem with my criticism report it - period.

Really?

If you would like to receive less negative feedback in the future, feel free to use any of the following:

“Thanks for the tips, I’ll try those out.”

“I guess Reaper is better suited to my demands.”

“I still think there’s room for improvement, but I admit my first post was a bit reactionary and uninformed.”

If you would like further interactions to go like this for the rest of your life, feel free to ignore.

stamp wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:39 pmReally?
Really!

In short: kvraudio seems to prefer trolls combined with low costs for a forum administration. Well, that says everything about how seriously you can take this forum.
Another point in short: There is no serious forum for Bitwig Studio available.

Bitwig clearly has limitations, but in most cases it's either making submix or sending to fx track when you route tracks.
Bitwig's idea is that groups do submixes, and fx tracks do - appraently - fx.
This is not a workaround but different approach, something users need to get used to.
Being a DAW doesn't imply free mixer routing. I like this approach better because I can see and manage the hierachical relationship of each track. For me, it's more logical and organized.

Bitwig's hierachical, unidirectional system is contrary to "Customized Workflow To Match Any Style", but in engineering viewpoint, it's simple but powerful enough.

So they give us the audio receiver as an workaround. This is the real workaround so , if you are using it a lot, and the projects is getting unmanageable, currently you have only two options: to accept Bitwig's approach and try to get well with it, or just ditch Bitwig.

I believe there will be some improvement on this part, but this won't be the priority.

I'm lazy to read back 4 pages so just mention, Grids have audio-sidechain module

which usually better manageable/more reusable than audio receivers based counterparts
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Bitwig”