Waves Flow Motion - New FM Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aparillo is a kind of granular-FM hybrid - instead of sample fragments, the engine just launches lots of little FM snippets. Having a more complex FM engine probably wouldn't help it much, especially when you have a lot of overlapping voices. Flow Motion doesn't really occupy the same space, although with the snapshot sequencer you can get some similarities with some of the less chaotic Aparillo patches.

They obviously work differently, but when I heard flow motion on the videos that was what it reminded me of....now i have flowm i can see it is a lot more capable fm hybrid with some snap sequencing options, it’s more of a strait forward synth despite its funky looks....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Why do I keep doing this to myself .....

Gonna have more Waveshells than plugins by the time Waves v11 comes out ...

In Logic X it doesnt load with a project rate of 88.1k or 96k. 44.1k and 48k are ok. deal breaker for me. :dog: :phones:

mcbpete wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:44 pm Why do I keep doing this to myself .....

Why so many? Does that mean the Waves instruments are proper plugins, not waveshells?

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:36 am Why so many? Does that mean the Waves instruments are proper plugins, not waveshells?
That would be a logical conclusion. But not one Waves seems to be following. Effects and instruments get mixed up in the other ones and there's no obvious logic from what I can tell other than when the plugin was first released. I suspect it has more to do with internal development at Waves and code dependencies.

Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:20 am
aMUSEd wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:36 am Why so many? Does that mean the Waves instruments are proper plugins, not waveshells?
That would be a logical conclusion. But not one Waves seems to be following. Effects and instruments get mixed up in the other ones and there's no obvious logic from what I can tell other than when the plugin was first released. I suspect it has more to do with internal development at Waves and code dependencies.
It's just I'm seeing the instrument showing as its own VST, so does it still need a Waveshell? I never really understood how these things work, one reason I've tended to avoid Waves stuff even though I do own a couple of freebies I ended up not installing them as they seemed more hassle than they were worth.

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:24 am It's just I'm seeing the instrument showing as its own VST, so does it still need a Waveshell? I never really understood how these things work, one reason I've tended to avoid Waves stuff even though I do own a couple of freebies I ended up not installing them as they seemed more hassle than they were worth.
It needs the Waveshell. Don't be surprised if the next FX plugin to be released goes into Waveshell number 4. SIbilance happens to go in number 3.

Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:20 am
Yeah, this is what I got after querying it with them when I got v3 (after installing Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain)
Thank you for contacting Waves Tech Support.

Actually, this is completely normal.
Currently each of the Wavehsells would be handling a different set of plugins.

This may change in the future though currently is the way it is.

Let me know if you have any further questions,
So it seems they do it because ..... they've no idea, they just do it.

mcbpete wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:21 am So it seems they do it because ..... they've no idea, they just do it.
My guess is that there is a Master Plan for V10 that involves a rewrite of a lot of their existing plugins to conform to a new set of APIs that haven't been fully thrashed out yet - it may be to support resizing or something like that. Once the process is near completion, the various existing plugins will start shuffling into Waveshell X.

What are people's thoughts on this synth now so? Worth grabbing still?

Still, one day later? :lol:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

synth guru wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:35 am Image

Hands down the best GUI ever!
Funny. Was just part of a thread in another part of the interwebs where some people were really upset by a small loss of an UI dedicated to graphic elements. Much smaller part than this one btw. Wondering what they would say here.

Anyway I'm not put off by the futuristic UI/GUI, and I also appreciate that the audio demos were a bit adventurous, and not the ususal common/formulaic Edm thing. Unfortunately, the adventurous side of the demos only seduced me soundwise a few times. Might demo the synth however when I have a little free time, to try to decide if it's something old with new clothes, or as innovative as the look suggest it. Anyway, they did try to think a bit out of the box, and I like this approach. Hopefully, it's not only cosmetics.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

mcbpete wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:44 pm Why do I keep doing this to myself .....

These f**ing waveshells are an absolute trainwreck with copies of dll's all over the place.
The updates never work with me and then I have to find the right files (and there's different dll's all over the place) and copy them to my pluginfolder.

Yeah why? :dog:

Waves and Ableton have never got on well. For a long time Waves didn't regard Live as supported and you had fun and games on the Mac where the AU would appear but would be bypassed until you bypassed it within Live and activated it again. I think it still does it from time to time.

However, in Live 10, you can simply type in part of the name of the plugin in the search and it will come up. That's usually a lot simpler than trying to scroll through a list, especially when you've got a ton of mono and stereo variants listed – and Ableton doesn't even understand mono channels.

Return to “Instruments”