The Tracker Plus

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Turns out Zebra CAN make coffee...Sometimes you just need a little help from the original Mr. Phelps.(RIP Peter Graves) :wink:

https://soundcloud.com/esgalachoir/the-tracker-plus

All Zebra, and inspired by Mission Impossible, of course, although not every patch here is included in the Zebra Orchestra. The synth riff that carries the song is the most obvious non-TZO patch, followed by the off-kilter, haunting arpeggio/pad hybrid sound that slips in and out of the mix. This song was super CPU friendly, too. I think it rarely pushed beyond the halfway point, hovering at a forgiving 35% (Using an 8-core Phenom II proc.)

I'm working on a drum track for it with Modern Drums for Kontakt, but the naked version seems adequate as a demo for the Thanksgiving/Black Friday lead-up sale, which will be half off and up and running in a couple minutes.

My Feedback

Music - 10
Instruments - 10
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 10

Comments: Very well done

good to hear something creative & a little bit outside the box
liked it

Quite the project! Great, almost over the top arranging!

I’m not sure if it needs the drums.

That TV show was quite a hit but viewers at the time didn’t realize it was loosely based on the CIA.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:33 pm My Feedback

Music - 10
Instruments - 10
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 10

Comments: Very well done
KVR needs a proper 'bow of showmanship' emoji. Thanks, Wags. :oops:

Bansaw wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:38 am good to hear something creative & a little bit outside the box
liked it
I didn't know it was outside the box. Thanks, glad you liked it. :)
fastlanephil wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:23 am Quite the project! Great, almost over the top arranging!

I’m not sure if it needs the drums.

That TV show was quite a hit but viewers at the time didn’t realize it was loosely based on the CIA.
Excellent! I don't think I'll add drums for now, then.

It was a campy show in a fun kind of way - it was really careful to not mention any actual enemy countries of the US at the time. Their foes usually were usually some kind of generic, fictional knock-off brand of Russia or something. :hihi:

Great track esgalachoir!
Lots of cool sounds and full of energy and interest.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

I loved it. The "synthy" sounds really helped to emphasise the quality of the orchestral patches. Not that the synth sounds were bad or anything like that. The hybrid nature of the track was a great way to demonstrate the quality of your sound design.

Good work :)

Thank you both!

Return to “Music Cafe”