Tracktion Engine

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not talking about cross-fading here, I'm talking about applying a tiny "edge fade" of a couple of ms to smooth out any clicks caused from starting at non-zero crossings. How likely is it that if you split a clip, you'll be splitting it exactly on a zero crossing? Unlikely.

I'm not quite sure what you mean in your second paragraph. Yes, you can slip the clip contents so that it starts on a zero crossing but then you don't have a problem with the start of that clip clicking? If you split that clip, then you'd have to do the same to the newly split section of you'll get clicking again due to a non-zero crossing.

The only problem fixing this bug will solve is if you have a clip, split it, and then don't move the second half. In which case, why did you split it?

Or are you saying that if you have a clip which starts with a zero crossing, that is clicking?

I have used some short fade out/fade in sections to keep clips to bar length, but I'm not really a fan of doing so as it's basically putting a blip of silence into the audio stream. Having to cater for the click at all concerns me because it means that what is rendered out is not identical to what I can see in the track's timeline. I should be able to have two clips next to each other that exit and enter at the same (or very similar) non-zero value with no problem.

With the second paragraph, I'm talking about splitting a clip in half and copying one of the halves only to have to go back and re-merge the split again afterwards, which strictly speaking shouldn't be necessary. Worse is copying a section from inside a clip, which requires two splits and a copy then re-merging three clips. Or the other workaround I've used is split, split, select the centre one, Ctrl+C, undo, undo, Ctrl+V elsewhere.
i9-10980HK. Windows 10 (21H2). Komplete Audio 6. Studio One 5.4.1.

Return to “Tracktion”