How low can Behringer go?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ha. Seems very little has changed; in the old days people warned each other when a group of musicians arrived. The groups were usually known as true poor people who would steal clothes and food from poor locals for instance.

Now the joke's on them. Beatle Karma, I suppose.

Maybe you forgot that you paid far too much for your legal records and cds. If the artist -which is most unlikely- has not ripped off another artist's work, with the sole purpose in mind: to become famous, then there had been some point.

jacqueslacouth wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:00 pm
dreamvoid wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:50 pm copying other peoples design then to the rescue. I see a pattern here - and it is ugly antisocial behaviour.
What exactly is antisocial about the use of expired patents? In the same way that it allows people to access otherwise overly expensive medicines, Behringer is placing the otherwise overly expensive tech of yesteryear in ordinary peoples hands. I see this as the exact opposite of antisocial.
That was at the beginning not the case, as I remember. Mackie, Aphex etc. sued Behringer because of illegal use of their technologies etc. Aphex won, Mackie doesn't.
You can say that I'm old fashioned, to expect ethical behaviour and think companies should come up with their own ideas or copy stuff with an agreement or other clean legal fundament.
If it is really fade out patents, nobody has something against using the technology, like Neumann is not doing anything against clones of their older designs.

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:37 pm
dreamvoid wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:32 pm It is all about conquering markets from a different angle, no matter what the social costs may be.
So, exactly the same as capitalism always has been, then.
That's partly true - but it accelerated strongly by neoliberalism taking over. And it doesn't make it nicer.

toonertik wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:42 pm Darn good thing there wan't a patent on the wheel..
I mean, where would we be with out the wheely_bin?

wheely bin thinking about this for a long time
That just shows that you're completely agnostic or uneducated when it comes to authors rights, inventions etc. If you would have a stake in this areas, you would know what the difference is. Must be a kind of "Stockholm Syndrome". The bourgeois revolutions brought authors rights as a human right, which you can find in the Human Rights Charta. To make a laugh about this is a sign of times, how rotten everything seems to be.

dreamvoid wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:45 pm
toonertik wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:42 pm Darn good thing there wan't a patent on the wheel..
I mean, where would we be with out the wheely_bin?

wheely bin thinking about this for a long time
That just shows that you're completely agnostic or uneducated when it comes to authors rights, inventions etc. If you would have a stake in this areas, you would know what the difference is. Must be a kind of "Stockholm Syndrome". The bourgeois revolutions brought authors rights as a human right, which you can find in the Human Rights Charta. To make a laugh about this is a sign of times, how rotten everything seems to be.
:lol: :lol:
Yes.. definitely Neo_anterthal over here.
Not sure where Mr Void_of_Dreams extrapolates authors and copyrights from patents.
I like to laugh... I laugh a lot.. especially here on KVR.
BTW.. I have been copied (not patents or copyright) in business methods and ideas... no problem here with me!!

It does not create nostalgic items like the 909. Instead we get mystification of old stuff on the double; "This sounds like a true old unit!"

"The manufacturers took special care of details etc etc and precisely built blablabla." Yeah right, it just means that they know we will pay 2k for a unit which 'almost' does the job. With the usual neglectance of the old concept by the same manufacturers.

Who gives a flam? We want the real McCoy. In the old days such manufacturers would hang first. Just saying. Speaking of social justice..

That reminds me... once I purchased this Roland SR-JV80 Dance card.
Figured out it is highly illegal stuff. Which it is btw.
Contacted Roland Corp and they had to contact their lawyers in Japan as they mailed me back. Could take a couple of weeks...

Already quite impressed by the fact Roland Corp had mailed me back I suddenly felt kind of 'important', and just nonchalantly proposed to forget the darn thing. Darn it was, as I remember it.

In other words: don't steal and don't do drugs.

Authors and composers rights differ from patents. They are also held much longer before they become public domain. Here in Norway you (and your family) retain those rights 70 years after the composer dies. I actually had to wait a couple of years when I made my electronic version of Ravels pavane. I have made no money on it, never will - but I retain the rights to my areangement of the piece, production and so forth..
Computermuso since intel8086
http://www.fivelsdal.no/

It is necessary to understand intellectual property not only as a way to earn money, but also to defend our and other personal rights against monopolistic capital and criminal actions. The bourgeois revolutions brought these rights as legal rights to have a balance between those who develop new ideas and the society which benefits from it. Therefore there is an important social and ethical dimension in all this.

so buying behringer is antisocial and unethical?
is there any problem with the uk law system?
im too pretty for prison :cry:

The prices seem to be going up now. From $299 to $329 for Model D and Neutron (in the US). Damn.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

dreamvoid wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:07 am Therefore there is an important social and ethical dimension in all this.
To that I can agree.

And - that's most likely the reasons why we have national and international organizations to handle our copyrights for us. Made by the copyrightholders, for the copyrightholders. In most countries these are pretty democratic. And their main task is to negotiate deals with the industry on our behalf. Personally I am a member of two of these here in Norway. One for my lyrics and music, and one for my performance rights on portable media). They are in turn members of international organizations. At the moment they are all struggeling with how to pay artists for streaming (as I expect is the case in other countries as well).

However - this is debate is somewhat on the side of the original question:
How low can Behringer go?

Jace-BeOS wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:53 pm The prices seem to be going up now. From $299 to $329 for Model D and Neutron (in the US). Damn.
Has this anything to do with taxes on Chinese imports?

Or - perhaps it's the final answer to the original question. :idea:

It has been over 20 years since the first Access Virus....just sayin' 8)

eivind wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:01 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:53 pm The prices seem to be going up now. From $299 to $329 for Model D and Neutron (in the US). Damn.
Has this anything to do with taxes on Chinese imports?

Or - perhaps it's the final answer to the original question. :idea:
I hadn’t thought of that. Boy, this administration keeps kicking me in the shins.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

excuse me please wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:26 pm That reminds me... once I purchased this Roland SR-JV80 Dance card.
Figured out it is highly illegal stuff. Which it is btw.
Contacted Roland Corp and they had to contact their lawyers in Japan as they mailed me back. Could take a couple of weeks...
YOU contacted Roland about the Dance card? YOU started that whole chain of events where AMG got into legal trouble and got the card pulled from the market?

Right. Riiiiiiiiiiiight! I'm sure that was you. :hihi:

Funny how people feel the need to grab well known historical events and apply it so as to make them the historical figure in question.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”