Sknote Fender Tweed amp sim (seems like a Tremolux)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

quintosardo wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:38 am Well, actually it is about dynamic range available to clean sounds. You can use it quite clean like here.
Don't forget, though, that the first Deluxe (like this one) was known to have an input Gain control that acted almost like a drive control.
The circuit doesn't have a feedback resistor in the out stage like almost all successive have, so it can distort eadily. Big part of its character.
See our N. Young experiment: sounds like the real thing, like it or not, but with lots of character:
https://www.sknoteaudio.com/wp/index.ph ... eil-young/

Our TwinR has a wider clean dynamic range available, different thing.

But as I mentioned, at the moment (until you add an input gain control) you can add some gain-trimmer before and after the amp to get a lot more clean headroom - won't compress the signal nearly as much then either.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Yes, agreed!
That is what I meant, headroom is there, the knob is calibrated too hot :)

quintosardo wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:38 am Well, actually it is about dynamic range available to clean sounds. You can use it quite clean like here.
Don't forget, though, that the first Deluxe (like this one) was known to have an input Gain control that acted almost like a drive control.
The circuit doesn't have a feedback resistor in the out stage like almost all successive have, so it can distort eadily. Big part of its character.
See our N. Young experiment: sounds like the real thing, like it or not, but with lots of character:
https://www.sknoteaudio.com/wp/index.ph ... eil-young/

Our TwinR has a wider clean dynamic range available, different thing.
Found and saved TwinR GS thread, thanks Q.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

jens wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:36 am But as I mentioned, at the moment (until you add an input gain control) you can add some gain-trimmer before and after the amp to get a lot more clean headroom - won't compress the signal nearly as much then either.
Right, I agree. Already planned, together with an input level meter, to help with presets. They only make sense if you have a reference, like with compressors and all the nonlinear effects.
Sure, Deluxe1 is simple and apparently not needing presets but we are opening the custom shop presets section and they make sense in a chain, e.g. pedals going into Deluxe1 or TwinR or upcoming DualR or whatever.

quintosardo wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:35 am
jens wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:36 am But as I mentioned, at the moment (until you add an input gain control) you can add some gain-trimmer before and after the amp to get a lot more clean headroom - won't compress the signal nearly as much then either.
Right, I agree. Already planned, together with an input level meter, to help with presets. They only make sense if you have a reference, like with compressors and all the nonlinear effects.
Excellent :tu:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

We had some fun in the studio with an improvised song. Everything through Deluxe1 and TwinR, effects provided by our upcoming PedalBench set of guitar/bass effects. Deluxe1 also used as a bass amp. Our upcoming model of a Hammond Organ + Leslie in the intro.

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/wp/wp-conten ... rimson.mp3

If you have a good technology for dealing with IRs, maybe you could release that separately as well :)

lajosuti wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:50 pm If you have a good technology for dealing with IRs, maybe you could release that separately as well :)
I believe that this plugin doesn't use IRs, or at least, not in the traditional sense. Magic voodoo perhaps?
A bit fried in the higher freqs

quintosardo wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:42 am Our upcoming model of a Hammond Organ + Leslie in the intro.
http://www.sknoteaudio.com/wp/wp-conten ... rimson.mp3
What with VB3 II, Blue-3 and B-5 Organ, one might be excused for thinking that we're rather well provided for with Hammond + Leslie clones, no? ;-)

It will be very interesting to see, er… hear what Quinto will come up with to challenge this potential misapprehension!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Crap this is like the 5th amp sim I bought this week... :lol:

lajosuti wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:50 pm If you have a good technology for dealing with IRs, maybe you could release that separately as well :)
Yes, we are releasing both sides as separate plugins:

- The output stage. Loads standard cabinet IRs and uses them the our own way, or our IR2s, an extended format we are using.

- The input stage. Takes care of the missing pickup-amp interaction (who owns Deluxe1 can simply compare Vintage to Modern pickup menu voices to hear what I mean, Vintage is the "alive" mode). We also added pickup modeling here, so we can load other guitars' pickups.

Also our cabiNET web system is going live. A market for IRs and our IR2s, with audio preview. Please send an email to mirko@sknoteaudio.com if you are interested in loading your IRs (all copyright rules apply, of course).
Last edited by quintosardo on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

awesome :) i am looking forward to try the demo!

This is the first amp sim that has interested me in many years....Neil Young's Deluxe — now we're talking about something worth modeling!

Any thought to also modeling a Magnatone 280? The stereo vibrato is another important aspect of Neil Young's electric tone.

Honestly one of the best amp sims ever, in the 15 years or so that I’ve been buying them. Amazing stuff.

Return to “Effects”