One Synth Challenge #117: ModulAir by Full Bucket (Rellik Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ModulAir

Yehehe, it's rough! I played around with my SawChoir a little more and it actually is quite an amazing solo voice or unisono choir section. Not so brilliant for chords, but single singer...interesting to say the least.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Snagging that one too! haha
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Here's what that singer can sort of sound like. Over headphones it's not half bad, but on speakers in quiet it kind of sounds like a flute, actually. Hmm... anyway. Also a tiny peek into my current drum development, hehe. It's still all very rough, though. :shrug:

https://soundcloud.com/taronium/mair-singer/s-mMdiM

So, quick question -- was there a decision on the wavetables? To me, it seems the wavetable oscillator basically allows sample playback and shouldn't be allowed, but I can't remember seeing a decision; was there one?

Thought I saw one on PAGE 1 of this thread, Z!
I wished I could take advantage of that stupid thing, but- alas- I can't...no serum, no mood to dig for alternatives to create them darn tables and way, way too prideful to use existing ones. :P

BJ said single cycle waveforms are allowed, but I'm not sure how that translates to tables. I ended up using just a sine waveform in the wavetable osc for my drums to help with consistency.

Ok, so "single cycle waveforms" basically means no wave tables, but only single waveforms. That's what I thought. Thanks all.

Taron, great drums! That snare is VERY tasty. Funny you say that about the flutey vox. I was messing with Schiing's choir and ended up in bassoon territory.

Yeah, the choir (more like soprano, I guess) patch I sent you is lifted from my "experimental folder", and that combination of modules have given me all kinds of woodwinds and brass. Also, very nice strings there, Taron!
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

I can see that, Schiing. I heard a soft trumpet and a french horn as well just turning a couple of knobs. I'm not understanding where the formant oscillator gets it's name. It seems good for more natural sounds, but not for what I'd consider formant sounds...at least in my mileage. Using it as an fm modulator is also pretty cool.

Look at it through an oscilloscope! You'll see what it does and it does feel a bit like a liberal approach to "formant" considerations. Yet, useful device, but I'm not quite a fan of the timbres it gets... kinda quaeksical...can't find the right word, haha. :ud: :hihi:

Quaeksical....now there's a new one! ha! That is exactly how I'd describe what I got running it through sample and hold

Suggestions on a good free oscilloscope? Reaper has one but it's dancing all over the place. Not really sure if that's normal or how to use it.

you have to feed it your midi note. In MuLab it's very easy and the built-in one is proper.

TheNeverScene wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:14 am I can see that, Schiing. I heard a soft trumpet and a french horn as well just turning a couple of knobs. I'm not understanding where the formant oscillator gets it's name. It seems good for more natural sounds, but not for what I'd consider formant sounds...at least in my mileage. Using it as an fm modulator is also pretty cool.
I think it`s a copy and paste from "The Scroo". You can check out the manual there.
Actually I would say one could recreate all patches of all previous FB rounds with ModulAir.

By the way - as you all seem to look for natural sounding patches. In german Telly they air the 80 UK SciFi series "UFO" which has a nice creepy sounding ending titles soundscape: https://youtu.be/Q_aXu-XqqJ4?t=2774
Maybe someone for the more experiamental stuff???

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:05 amI think it`s a copy and paste from "The Scroo". You can check out the manual there.
That's correct. The term "formant" comes from the fact that you can set the emphasis of a part of the oscillator's spectrum to a specific frequency (fixed or relative).

Reading the last sentence again makes me think that I'd better add a link to my scrooo video... :oops:

Cheers, Björn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OHKGMg5Az8

Return to “Instruments”