Are Todays Daw's Making People Lazy Producers ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

herodotus wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:25 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:55 pm well, im sure someone has choked on it maybe?
I rest my case.
keep your eye on it though.
otherwise itll get nicked round here.
bloody scousers.

vurt wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:55 pm well, im sure someone has choked on it maybe?
I rest my case.
in my defence,
your sample downloads don't work :P

vurt wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:32 pm
I rest my case.
in my defence,
your sample downloads don't work :P
YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW THAT!?!?!?

no.
but it was that or the wookie defence.

vurt wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:26 pm
herodotus wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:22 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:32 pm

incidentally, my first introduction to "splooge" was bugsy malone. which now feels a little creepy given the casts age...
You always find the dark side of things.
walk a mile in my shoes.
then ill have no shoes.
first your sox, now your shoes?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Vurt, and jancivil stop spamming this thread with nonsense, take your juvenile conversation elsewhere please. There are probably people wanting give their view on what's been discussed..but won't bother, because of the amount of crap being posted.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:06 am Vurt, and jancivil stop spamming this thread with nonsense, take your juvenile conversation elsewhere please. There are probably people wanting give their view on what's been discussed..but won't bother, because of the amount of crap being posted.
in my defence, chewbacca is a wookie.
if you agree chewbacca is a wookie, then i am innocent!

is chewbacca a wookie?

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:06 am Vurt, and jancivil stop spamming this thread with nonsense, take your juvenile conversation elsewhere please. There are probably people wanting give their view on what's been discussed..but won't bother, because of the amount of crap being posted.
Let'em rip.. it's fun.
I'm getting lazy coz I'm getting older, has nothing to do with DAWs... 20 years ago I used DAWs and had more energy.
In the old days editing was so often rockNrolling and cutting tape, I loved the process and standing over the mixer while mixing (coked up like some dick) so now I sit with more power than ever... but it just does not have that tactile feed back, no shinny knobs and sliders... but it ain't that that makes any one LAZY.. that is either an attitude or age.. not the equipment we use.
So let the jovial nonsense flow :party:

Yep.
(I'd give my reasons, but I am too Gen Y to be bothered)

DAWs made me so lazy that I stopped producing music all together. Beat this if you can.

Well, now that I think about it, this ^^^ is BS even beyond jokes. Laziness had nothing to do with. It was rather because DAWs made me overly active with the wrong things; looking for the next VST(i) just after buying a new one, experimenting with countless features and presets forever, having a cluster of unnecessary insert effects and no overview what so ever. Heaven for others but too much for me.

IncarnateX wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:33 pm Laziness had nothing to do with. It was rather because DAWs made me overly active with the wrong things; looking for the next VST(i) just after buying a new one, experimenting with countless features and presets forever, having a cluster of unnecessary insert effects and no overview what so ever. Heaven for others, but too much for me.
This sums it up pretty well. :neutral:

Most musicians and members of KVR may say:

"Hey no, the DAW is only a tool!"

And yes, it is only a tool, but "this tool" has a very strong tendency to distract
every user into the realm of collecting infinite VSTs, VSTis and Sample-libraries.
This distraction is so tantalizing that almost everybody is yielded to this temptation.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I must be unique af then

I use what I need and like a great big palette, I'm focused. I can make decisions. I even like making decisions.

I suppose this sort of worldview exists for people that weren't creators of music before computers; otherwise I don't quite get why someone would think their issue has to be everybody's. Yet we see it here a lot.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”