Lanes and comping in Cubase 9.5 Elements

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy a DAW and budget is tight so I'm looking into Cubase Elements. In the comparison chart on Steinberg's website it says that the Artist and Pro editions have "Lanes and Comping: Advanced tools for recording and assembling perfect takes" and that feature is not present in Elements.

I don't care about the other limitations for now but this would be a deal-breaker for me. Is there NO comping in Cubase Elements?

Thanks.

As I recall no(Elements 7 I ran 5 years ago).
Clips from a loop recording land on each other on the same track - no lanes.
When I started with Elements I just dragged one take down to a track below, kind of prepared with a couple of empty ones before recording.

So if you start midi recording early like the first couple of bars - also see to that you turn off retrospective recording - because when I dragged clips down to new tracks, retrospective had data before time zero - so clips jump into project a bit until I fixed that with turning that off.

lfm wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:56 pm As I recall no(Elements 7 I ran 5 years ago).
Clips from a loop recording land on each other on the same track - no lanes.
When I started with Elements I just dragged one take down to a track below, kind of prepared with a couple of empty ones before recording.

So if you start midi recording early like the first couple of bars - also see to that you turn off retrospective recording - because when I dragged clips down to new tracks, retrospective had data before time zero - so clips jump into project a bit until I fixed that with turning that off.
Hmm, that's a bummer. Comping is a must for me. Thanks!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”