New song - Chill out?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

It's been quite sometimes.Here is my latest tune, a bit of a chill out track I suppose? Well, no matter, have a listen, hope you can enjoy :D To me it has a bit of a sense of looking for something that is not there, or a kind of unfinished/unresolved feel. What do you think?

https://soundcloud.com/thedeadsoul/chasing-ghosts

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 8
Performance - 9
Mix - 7.5

Overall - 8.25

Comments: Piano needs something. Not sure what it is, whether a slight boost in volume or a little EQ. It's just not quite right. The mix in general seems subdued. It isn't terrible. In fact, it's fine. Just missing something. Maybe Layzer can point out what it is with his Layzersound analysis. Musically, very pleasant. I think it needs more on the high end. That's it. Just a tad dull.

hi Adi, great to HEAR you again, been a while! :clap:
nice one... i liked the chord progression and the nice horn solo at the end.
one tip, however:
the arps play too long and need a counter melody to break their repetition.
the overall volume is a little low, and it lacks a little low end.
and yes, Wags... this would sound much different in LAYZERSOUND(C) :hihi:
overall i enjoyed it :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I enjoyed your song. The piano is dark and mellow but I like the feeling of it. I wonder how a brighter or closer miked piano would fit in.

Nice!

I like the overall concept of the tune and how it progresses. The arp for me gets a tad annoying after a little while, but that horn solo at the end is excellent :tu:
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Hi all,

many thanks for your feedback, much appreciated! Yes, I believe I can still do more with this tune, so all comments are welcome. My first task is obviously to work with the arp, then to the other suggestions!

Layzer, it's good to be back, it's been too long :D

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

I think you could possibly start fading the main arp somewhere between 2:50 and 3:00, whilst bringing up the volume of the secondary arp(s) between 2:50 and 3:33. I was quite happy with the sombre piano intro and the ending worked very well.

Good work, Adi :)

Hi Tim,

Apologize for my late reply! Many thanks for your comment, and yes I will definitely work on the arp. I think your timing suggestion will work well, I will try to experiment with it.

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

Return to “Music Cafe”