how do I turn grid off? and similar questions for movie sound editing

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there, this might be a total noob question but i m just not finding this: How can i turn off or change the grid? So that it s not snapping to the beat ? I m mostly doing sonud design for movies so I would like to move stuff around pretty freely and then maybe snap to the FPS (25 fps in my case) is this possible? Also within the timeline there are numbers that i think are related to the beat but i would love to have either fps or just a regular time with seconds.. is this possible to tweak somewhere in the preferences?

Thank you :)

BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

thanks a lot!! exactly what i was looking for!! though meanwhile the layout has changed i found the button in the lower right corner..

No probs that's what bitwiggers do Help each other
cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

And for the 25fps movies you can set project tempo to 93,75. (25*60= 1500 frames per minute. 1500/16= 93,75)

thank you guys!!

ok i have another question, not sure if i should open up a new thread for that: is there a way to click into the timeline and the playhead immediately takes that position ? when scrolling through a film for example i want to see exactly the cut from one scene to the next and position the playhead there. now it s like guesswork: i run through the scene and when i stop the playback the cursor gets set back... and i can´t scroll/scrob through the timeline with the video as it doesnt get updated by moving the playhead, but just when i playback again.. hope this explains it ;) ;)

What VST plugin do you use to see the video? If you use Vidplay VST then they say on the website that Bitwig wont let you scroll because of reasons.

@ Apheo yeah that is what i m using! And it is as you describe. I guess it s not vidplays fault but a "problem" in bitwig. maybe the same reason why it s not working with xjadeo at all , which usually in linux i can sync to literally anything ...

but a general behaviour thing and a real noob question: when i want to play back from a certain point of time in my timeline. how do i do that? i m clicking into the timeline with the mouse on this tiny space above the markers section. when i m lucky i hit it and then i press space and it plays back. or i have to hit space 2 times. this is a bit strange for me. so i cant scroll at all , also without video sync. ...

other than that the possibilities for sound design with the new sampler are endless and fantastic...

calimerox wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:54 pm but a general behaviour thing and a real noob question: when i want to play back from a certain point of time in my timeline. how do i do that?
https://youtu.be/jkCgT2IGquw
((( ~ )))

Return to “Bitwig”