How about a non-supported Waveform for Windows 32 bit?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I get you draw the line at supporting 64 bit OS, but could you compile a 32 bit version?

Unfortunately releasing products doesn't really work like that. If we put it out, we'll get queries about it.

I've said this many times but we're not going back to 32-bit. We won't even be able to ship a 32-bit app in the next version of macOS (it simply won't run, Apple have discontinued support for 32-bit which means even plugins won't run in bit-bridges).

Windows with its never-ending legacy support may never discontinue 32-bit but the amount of plugins that are 32-bit only are few and far between these days and getting less and less so. If there are one or two that you simply can't live without there are plenty of bit-bridge plugins around (Soundradix 32 Lives, JBridge, DDMF Bridgewize and I'm sure there are others).

We're not the only host or plugin developers to drop 32-bit versions, I'm afraid it's an inevitability.

Or use a previous version of Tracktion
Amazon: why not use an alternative

It's a real pity to see that a number of super relevant free plugin makers went out of business (pun intended) or retired and never will upgrade.
But no bad words, it's the nature of the game. The innovation that we enjoyed so much, will roll over itself as well and never stop...

Though one thing would be great. When those who stopped, might put it on github and perhaps a young talent does the code revamp.

Return to “Tracktion”