LHI Audio Cadmium, a vector phase-shaping synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
cadmium

mtytel wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:42 pm Damn this sounds sick, can get some real nice grit out this thing.
A breath of fresh air from the 1000 wavetable synths everyone has.
you do realize you can get some nice "grit" out of one ping only using a distortion effect behind it, with almost no CPU load.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Well it’s all gone quiet which is disappointing for a $99 purchase...

What as a fellow software engineer is interesting to me: did you work full time on this or as a side project?

I must be missing something
When using the voice nr as modulation source for filter freq , set nr. of voices to 4 , and polyphony to mono
Then he result would be a filter spread , this is however not the case in cadmium .
When setting polyphony mode to poly , the cuttof changes with every voice played ( as expected ) , but how to achieve filter spread when playing mono and usingthe nr of voices as filter spread , just like in aalot or reaktor ( voice module info )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Planning on buying this great-looking synth soonish, but I might skip on that idea with the radio silence. I'd rather not splash out that much money for an unsupported VST in this day and age.

BeeDog wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:35 am Planning on buying this great-looking synth soonish, but I might skip on that idea with the radio silence. I'd rather not splash out that much money for an unsupported VST in this day and age.
I emailed LHI Audio and got a super fast reply.
It’s definitely still being developed:)

Still wondering why the voice nr. as modulation source doesn't do any filter spread when set to mono ( spread is dependent on modulation amount )

Otherwise this is a fantastic sytnh , gorgeous filters etc , and if you love phase distortion this one is a must buy
Eyeball exchanging

just got an email back regarding the voice spread , seems that the same voice is used in mono mode
Eyeball exchanging

Is there any chance of a Xmas sale on this?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”