Phase rotation for speech

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have seen some threads in regards to phase rotation in the past along with names of plug-ins being brought up as well. Ozone RX7 was brought up and I did get a response from Izotope telling me what I needed is available through RX7. The problem is that it is available only in the "stand-alone" version of RX7 and there is no individual "Phase Rotator" plug-in which I really would want.

Now, to me, every dB counts as I am using plug-ins to process outgoing audio for transmissions on short-ware radio and my transmissions are strictly speech. This said, I would want to find a plug-in that helps me get rid of any asymmetry present in my audio. Settings one uses for VO or "Dialog" may also "translate" to my application.....

I understand that Melda Production has a plug-in called "MPhaser" I think packing a lot of functionality and is a bit of "over-kill" for what I have in mind. Anyone out there who has used the MPhaser (or other - does not have to be a free plug-in) to rid asymmetry from speech? If yes, would you share the settings you may have used?

Looking forward to receiving suggestions!

Cheers,
JJ

u-he presswerk have a phase rotaion button

Hi "dmoll"!
I do appreciate your suggestion, but I am quite happy with my current audio chain that consists of several plug-ins but only lacks the "Phase Rotator." That said, I am not sure if I am willing to pay for yet another plug-in that features processing I don't need.
Cheers,
JJ

no problem bro :tu:
money is alwyas rar

If my memory isn't failing me, the old Orban Optimods just used a 4th order allpass filter at about 200Hz, your DAW might have a allpass mode in it's standard EQ(Reaper has), just use a couple of them, all the same frequency. Any freeware EQ with an allpass will do, should cost $0. Recommended to put it 1st thing in the chain, i.e. before comps or clippers. Also remember that it is only really suited for voice, due to the assymetry of glottal pulses. Results may vary per voice.

Check out the free La Petite Excite

Airwindows PhaseNudge

Nice read thank you

Return to “Effects”