Kush Audio - GoldPlate Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:01 pm It's funny how these things happen in groups. There were no good Distressor clones for a long time then between late 2015 and 2017 we got Sly-Fi Deflector, Arousor, Slate FG-Stress, UA Distressor, SKNote Disto. With plates it's been Valhalla, Waves Abbey Road, UVI, Kush (probably missing some) all within a short period of time. I'm hoping next year is the year of the Spring!
Valhalla Plate is all of a sudden the cool mature older guy on the block, and all Waves plugins feel practically Jurassic to me.

As for springs, we know that U-he has one in the works, similar to Colour Copy. Nexcellence last year, Softube this year.

Looks like Elton John is back with his new favourite plugin. :lol:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Too bad there is not a little price perk for those who already have some Kush Audio and Sly-Fi as well as Relab plugins in their toolbox. Yes, UVI's Plate is definitely looking like a more attractive purchase. Moreover, it looks and sounds fantastic.

It's nice to have some great choices available right now!

ok, UVI Plate it IS...

looks good,
but $200!?

fark orf

sqigls wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:09 am ok, UVI Plate it IS...

looks good,
but $200!?

fark orf
That's not nice at all. Just say it's too pricey and move on.

dangayle wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:46 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:01 pm It's funny how these things happen in groups. There were no good Distressor clones for a long time then between late 2015 and 2017 we got Sly-Fi Deflector, Arousor, Slate FG-Stress, UA Distressor, SKNote Disto. With plates it's been Valhalla, Waves Abbey Road, UVI, Kush (probably missing some) all within a short period of time. I'm hoping next year is the year of the Spring!
Valhalla Plate is all of a sudden the cool mature older guy on the block, and all Waves plugins feel practically Jurassic to me.

As for springs, we know that U-he has one in the works, similar to Colour Copy. Nexcellence last year, Softube this year.
Which Softube product are you refering to ? New reverb coming ?

8)

I'm not working on a plate reverb right now :D

When I'll get back to reverberation I think I'll want to try out raytracing reverb to simulate even more accurately custom spaces.

Saverio
dangayle wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:34 pm Now that everyone and their cousin has come out with a tape emu, it's on to the plates! 3 really good ones in less than a year? Who's next who hasn't yet made a plate reverb... Hornet. I betchu it will be hornet.

Gregory's demo videos are always so refreshing (and mildly sleazy at the same time, in the greatest possible way).

Endor-8o8 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:34 am

Spring Reverb, it already came out

dangayle wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:03 am
sqigls wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:09 am ok, UVI Plate it IS...

looks good,
but $200!?

fark orf
That's not nice at all. Just say it's too pricey and move on.
It's too pricey.

Move on.

dangayle wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:42 pm
Endor-8o8 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:34 am

Spring Reverb, it already came out
A decade ago !
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:47 pm A decade ago !
Dang, you’re totally right. What was I thinking of then?

UVI Plate is $79 until 10/31 i think... a far cry from $200 ($199 actually) lol
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

I was really excited about this release, but I must say that when I saw the price when compared to how many controls this reverb has, I've completely forgot about it.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

I love Kush. but this is not Kush price. this is Relab price. and they can shove it.

after all the hoopla with dropped VSR support, they didn't offer even their own customers an intro price on this one, as a sort of excuse.

that's pure greed, folks.

was excited because of Kush, but price is just off-putting and I'm not into subscriptions. moving on.

Return to “Effects”