VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plate

This seems to be flexible and creative plate reverb:
https://www.uvi.net/plate

I’m impressed!

kiezum wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:52 pm This seems to be flexible and creative plate reverb:
https://www.uvi.net/plate

I’m impressed!
Same here. I will try out the demo version later today.

Just stumbled across this by accident at Audiodeluxe
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I love UVI GUIs.

Very Impressing Video

I'm interested in your opinions - is this a good product to get if you already have Sparkverb?

thenumber23 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:48 pm I'm interested in your opinions - is this a good product to get if you already have Sparkverb?
I have Sparkverb as well - and like it - but this seems a verydifferent tech, although from the video seems it will have a similar low key natural sound. I'm going to demo Plate, it really doeslook intriguing

For god's sake I don't need another reverb... but that first vocal sample sounded lush beyond belief. Also a big fan of Dan's cheeky sawtooth pad at the end there - never one to let us down with his awesome intro videos :D.

Sounds amazing. I love how clear and ergonomic the GUI is too, so quick to dial in some good settings. UVI always puts out quality.

This does indeed look and sound supremely impressive!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Holy crap that GUI is next level. HQ mode for rendering = nice.

House of Kush and Relab have collaborated on Gold Plate, it's out at the end of this month... Yay for Plate Month!

UVI Plate is pretty nice, with a not bad intro price. Hopefully it will make it into falcon at some point as well. It does sound better to me than some of its competition, although, not enough to make passing on it a big deal imho. Of course, picking it up is not a bad idea either...

It sounds so good, so fat, it's unbelievable... :love:

It makes me want to sell all my other reverbs and keep only this one... :D

But the CPU usage is very high (for a reference, Valhalla Vintage Verb goes totally unnoticed on my Cubase CPU monitor, this one is around 10% at its default "High" quality). A good thing is that you can choose the impact by selecting the quality from "low" (3,8% on my computer) to "insane" (22,4% for the same preset of course). Imho it becomes usable beyond Medium quality.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

can't automate much without clicks - overall sound is excellent and if I did not have so many reverbs already (and was not struggling to sell old over-purchases) I would buy it

Return to “Effects”