Klissmoon - Not Today [Dance]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My new track is out :party:
Hope you like it!

https://soundcloud.com/michael-fall/kli ... dio-edit-1

Amazingly well produced track! It actually reminds me of my own tracks but your's is better in like every way :)
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 7.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9

Comments: You've been here 15 years and this is your first post? Guess you must have been busy making music. Very well done production wise, though I wasn't thrilled with the instrumentation in some places. The accordion, for me, just doesn't work in this piece.

Thanks for the comments, really appreciated!
@ wagtunes: yes, in the last few years I've been very busy (apart from the music, unfortunately) ;)
The accordion was an experiment, I was sick of the usual solo instruments (sax, trumpet, piano) and I wanted to try something different and unusual.
Thanks for the advice, they will be useful for my next production :)

wagtunes wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:49 am You've been here 15 years and this is your first post? Guess you must have been busy making music.
yeah making music and sharpening the mastering skills.
A wee too much energy in the 50hz bass freqs that may cause
low end distortion but perfect otherwise... check this out:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:03 pm
wagtunes wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:49 am You've been here 15 years and this is your first post? Guess you must have been busy making music.
How can I check this out on my own tracks? What do you use and what exactly is the process?

layzer wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:03 pm yeah making music and sharpening the mastering skills.
Thanks for your feedback :wink:
Yes, I know, there's too much energy in that range...i think 2db less, it would be perfect.
But this is a mix problem, not a mastering issue (imho)

Maybe a bit much low bass for tiny speaker listeners or maybe not. Dunno. A matter of taste. I listen in fairly well treated amateur room with triamped monitors, 18" sealed sub, 12" coax speakers. Room measures fairly flat down to 25 Hz.

The song bass does not sound oppressive or muddy on my system. It is "within acceptable bounds" and sounds fairly tight and well focused.

[geezer alert] On my system the high-mids seem verging on the top threshold of tolerable but that again is a matter of taste. Many modern pop mixes seem to work the high-mids purt hard. And so my high-mid complaint would be leveled against a lot of modern "radio" mixes.

I'm puzzled how folks get away with the sizzling highs in the pop songs, assuming again supposedly so many folks listening on the tiny 1 watt consumer speakers. Just as low bass might be lost on such systems, a bit too much highs would be maybe expected to be like fingernails on chalk board on the tiny speakers. But if going for popular acceptance, it probably can't hurt for the sound to sin in the same fashion as do current hits. :)

Summary: Good Job!

JCJR wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:15 pm The song bass does not sound oppressive or muddy on my system. It is "within acceptable bounds" and sounds fairly tight and well focused.
the lows do roll off sharply from the 50hz peak, thats going
to keep low end mud from happening, but im just saying
some people may find it over emphasized to their taste :wink:
...and i did say "wee" which means its next to unnoticeable in most cases.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:20 pm
How can I check this out on my own tracks? What do you use and what exactly is the process?
LAYZERSOUND(C) , Wags :phones:

layzer wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:02 am
wagtunes wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:20 pm
LAYZERSOUND(C) , Wags :phones:
I meant what VST do you use to get those readings so I can check my own tracks?

JCJR wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:15 pm Maybe a bit much low bass for tiny speaker listeners or maybe not. Dunno. A matter of taste. I listen in fairly well treated amateur room with triamped monitors, 18" sealed sub, 12" coax speakers. Room measures fairly flat down to 25 Hz.

The song bass does not sound oppressive or muddy on my system. It is "within acceptable bounds" and sounds fairly tight and well focused.

[geezer alert] On my system the high-mids seem verging on the top threshold of tolerable but that again is a matter of taste. Many modern pop mixes seem to work the high-mids purt hard. And so my high-mid complaint would be leveled against a lot of modern "radio" mixes.

I'm puzzled how folks get away with the sizzling highs in the pop songs, assuming again supposedly so many folks listening on the tiny 1 watt consumer speakers. Just as low bass might be lost on such systems, a bit too much highs would be maybe expected to be like fingernails on chalk board on the tiny speakers. But if going for popular acceptance, it probably can't hurt for the sound to sin in the same fashion as do current hits. :)

Summary: Good Job!
I don't have a Sub, and my monitoring doesn't fall below 48hz, so I'm glad the lowend is acceptable even with your Sub! Even for the highs it's a matter of taste ...We always try to "copy" from the big production, and often the highs are very present, especially in Dance/pop music.
The important thing for me is that the final result is well balanced over the whole spectrum :)
I meant what VST do you use to get those readings so I can check my own tracks?
You can use Voxengo SPAN. It's free and is one of the most used Spectrum Analyzer :wink:

Excellent. :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”