if you do not listen you cannot hear...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtu ... d%2001.mp3

(regular modular "fart" music. apparently)

My Feedback (On The Vurt Scale)

Weirdness - 9
Noises - 9
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.5

Comments: 16 minutes. Short piece. I know you do this real time so it amazes me how you get a layered kind of sound with all these things going on at one time. I' guessing you have multiple triggers going on? Perhaps multiple sequencers controlling different modules? Makes me wonder just how big your system is. I know modulars can get huge. How many currently connected modules are you up to? I'm going to guess in excess of 50? Anyway, as usual, very strange and very interesting to listen to. Not something I'd want to do personally but it's cool seeing where each second is going to go next. There seems to be no repeating pattern to this one. Reminds me of one of my Bazille patches.

Seems that we're back in the spaceship hangar again. Although this time, there's something a bit more menacing going on. An ominous uneasiness; last time everything was running smoothly, but not this time. There's apprehension. A storm is brewing, and it's getting closer.

vurt I should be ashamed of myself. I been around here about as long as you have and yet I do not remember every listening to any of your music. I am glad I finally got to hear some, I guess I just never noticed any before. I do not check the music forum regularly, although have been a lot more this year. I swear this reminds me of music I would hear in the old Twilight Zone or Outer Limits show, like if they went to space, like they sometimes did. Honestly I don't understand this type of music at all, like what goes into making it or what makes some good or bad. I enjoyed it because it was so different for me and interesting. I will say I think the highs were a lil grating on my ears (not really bad but not a "soothing" listen either), maybe need to fix a little or my ears could be a little tired as well. I don't think I have the best ears ever but I can tell when something sounds totally smooth and no bad artifacts at all and when something is a lil uneasy.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

very cool space textures here... a treasure trove of bits and pieces that would fit perfect into a space movie
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

wagtunes wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:11 pm My Feedback (On The Vurt Scale)

How many currently connected modules are you up to? I'm going to guess in excess of 50?
17 :hihi:
my system isn't even 50 modules yet :o

heres the patch.
the 3 outputs then go to 3 separate delays, which could help create some of the layers you hear.

as you can see, only one sequencer in use here :)

its all about the lfos moving in and out of time. 3 layers from start to finish.

thanks for listening.

sjm wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:29 am Seems that we're back in the spaceship hangar again. Although this time, there's something a bit more menacing going on. An ominous uneasiness; last time everything was running smoothly, but not this time. There's apprehension. A storm is brewing, and it's getting closer.
i am the oncoming storm, destroyer of time..

oh, sorry, almost slipped in to my alter ego there :o

thanks, yeah there is definitely a sci fi vibe. and i must confess ive been watching the alien films again recently (part of the october tradition) well, the first two anyway. so a little nostromo may have seeped in :hihi:

ATS wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:33 am vurt I should be ashamed of myself. I been around here about as long as you have and yet I do not remember every listening to any of your music.
im surprised they never rescinded your membership :o

I am glad I finally got to hear some, I guess I just never noticed any before. I do not check the music forum regularly, although have been a lot more this year. I swear this reminds me of music I would hear in the old Twilight Zone or Outer Limits show, like if they went to space, like they sometimes did.
another two shows i love, i am a bit of a sci fi lover, so it would be hard for me to avoid drawing on the classics for my inspiration.
forbidden planet, tdtess. quatermass! and classic dr who :D
its all in there somewhere :D
Honestly I don't understand this type of music at all, like what goes into making it or what makes some good or bad. I enjoyed it because it was so different for me and interesting.
same as with anything really, its subjective.
but for me i love repetitions and slight changes over time, layering, and lashings and lashing of fx! :hyper:
all creating an almost organic sound that evolves.
i don't always have control :o

I will say I think the highs were a lil grating on my ears (not really bad but not a "soothing" listen either), maybe need to fix a little or my ears could be a little tired as well. I don't think I have the best ears ever but I can tell when something sounds totally smooth and no bad artifacts at all and when something is a lil uneasy.
a lot of folk don't like the highs, but they are there to do as you suggest, create a sense of unease.
its october man! get spooky!!! :party:

layzer wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:55 am very cool space textures here... a treasure trove of bits and pieces that would fit perfect into a space movie

You forgot to hide your stash.

im surprised they never rescinded your membership - vurt they made do the walk of shame like Cersei's in GOT (I better not post the video has nudity - but look it up on youtube :) )
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Hi all. First track by vurt I think I've heard. I've listened to quite a bit of weird music and recently modular so it doesn't sound weird to me. I like it. :tu:
Vurt are you just using delays or is there a reverb as well?
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

sjm wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:47 am You forgot to hide your stash.
all part of the patch :hihi:

ATS wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:09 am im surprised they never rescinded your membership - vurt they made do the walk of shame like Cersei's in GOT (I better not post the video has nudity - but look it up on youtube :) )
:hihi:

spunkmuffin wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:32 pm Hi all. First track by vurt I think I've heard. I've listened to quite a bit of weird music and recently modular so it doesn't sound weird to me. I like it. :tu:
Vurt are you just using delays or is there a reverb as well?
tbh i don't think my stuff is weird either :ud:

all delays, 3 delay man (guitar rigs memory man emu)

thanks for listening, glad you enjoyed 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”