Synthpop/Synthwave stuff - I just want to drive tonight

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.25

Comments: Nice intro. Like the synth sounds. Nice arrangement. All in all, well done.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:16 pm My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.25

Comments: Nice intro. Like the synth sounds. Nice arrangement. All in all, well done.
Thanks Wags! :tu:

alvfaria wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:31 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:16 pm My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.25

Thanks Wags! :tu:
You're welcome. I hope you get more listens than I do of my stuff. :hihi: :lol: :help:

Sounds to me like it could use some bottom end and a little more bang for EDM if that’s what you’re after. But it sounds clean and is well mixed.

I feel that it could do with something softer to cushion the rest of the instruments. There's no FM pad in their slowly warbling away for much of the time. And almost all of the instrumental synths have a pronounced attack to them. Lots of pling and ting and bing, but apart from the one lead synth, no real couterbalance.

I like the gated pad thing in the background, it sounds good, but again, it's highly rhythmic, rather than sustained. Something just seems to be missing to provide the cohesive underbelly.

The melodies sound good in and of themselves. I guess what I'm saying is that I like the song, but I feel there is still some potential that you haven't fully unleashed.

sjm wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:19 pm I feel that it could do with something softer to cushion the rest of the instruments. There's no FM pad in their slowly warbling away for much of the time. And almost all of the instrumental synths have a pronounced attack to them. Lots of pling and ting and bing, but apart from the one lead synth, no real couterbalance.

I like the gated pad thing in the background, it sounds good, but again, it's highly rhythmic, rather than sustained. Something just seems to be missing to provide the cohesive underbelly.

The melodies sound good in and of themselves. I guess what I'm saying is that I like the song, but I feel there is still some potential that you haven't fully unleashed.
I have to agree with you. Maybe the arrangement could be better. Well, the damage has been done now. :dog:

Thanks for listening and review

well done, composition and production. :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:37 am well done, composition and production. :tu:
Thanks bro!

Cool track. I enjoyed listening to it. Nice melodies and variations!
I like the positive vibe to it.
Well done.
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”