how do "activations" work on ilok license manager

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have the ilok license manager and a bunch of stuff that uses it. Some plugins say 3 activations and some say 1. What does that mean?
I am worried that if I ditch this computer and get another computer the ones marked 1 activation won't be able to be installed - ie the first activation was it.

Or if I do a clean install of windows then that will be it

Is this what happens or does 1 activation mean on one device at once and 3 activations means I could run it (or have it installed) on 3 devices at once?

I think you should unactivate first so the activation slot becomes free again. Best though is to contact the plugin developer to verify the computer migration procedure.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

woggle wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:29 am I have the ilok license manager and a bunch of stuff that uses it. Some plugins say 3 activations and some say 1. What does that mean?
Some developers allow for multiple activations of their plugins (i.e., installing and activating them on different computers), while others only allow activation on one machine.

In case you want to switch to another computer, definitely deactivate your iLok licenses on the old computer, before you sell it/trash it/whatever else you want to do with it. That way, you have free activation(s) on your new computer(s).

thanks BertKoor and chk071 - i have heard similar from others too - deactivate then reactivate seems to be the way

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”