One Synth Challenge #116: Triple Cheese (mmGhost Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh, and glad to see you back in the fold again Z Prime!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

It was a drive-by stabbing.

Congrats to my fellow top 5ers and to mmGhost the victor! And wow, thanks so much for voting me all the way up to #3 - I did not expect that when I submitted my track this month.

Shocked to see liqih and fairplay as far down as #15 and #20 - both quite (or perhaps quietly) brilliant. But so much to treasure this round - well done, all!
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Congrats to the top 5. Tough round this time … Got my usual halfway placing ...sigh … I guess a pure 17C classical track doesn't really cut it here ... maybe a slightly more up to date blues will be more acceptable to the palate.

dB

I just want to say thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome! I got a lot from the feedback and feel inspired for the next OSC. I went in not expecting much, and am happy with my placing, lots of things I can improve on for next time.

schiing, I thought you might win! It was very close, your track is very good! Definitely stood out for me.

For me, the prize for track that got stuck in my head the most goes to Rellik! I've been humming it for last couple weeks :D
I also really enjoyed OnTrack's track, I'm quite into game music and think it could work really well in a game like Hat in Time or the likes! Very characterful.

Congrats everyone!

oh wow, thanks guys. i went a different direction with this tune this month than what i normally do, and wasn't really sure how it would be received. and given how many great tunes there were this round, it's even cooler for me. so i'm really pretty stoked right now! big ups to u-he for producing some ridiculous software, insanely inspiring to me.

i still have so much to learn to get to where i want to be in terms of sound design, composition and mixing, and it's really helpful for me to listen to all the OSC tracks to pick up new tricks and techniques. I was really taken aback what some of you did this month, super inspiring.

i know i'm not always the most vocal on the forum or on SC comments but i do love to chat, so if you want any feedback from me that i didn't give, or just want to talk music, hit me up in PM on KVR or SC... i read all of them.

I've had my eye on Zebra2 for a long time now, so I guess I finally get to try to mangle some sounds out of it now :)

Congrats again mmGhost, Exponent brought my attention to your YouTube videos, I'm going to have to check them out!

Uh, congrats all and fellow top 5ers! mmGhost, you really did a top notch quality track, well deserved! I'm not surprised, but just a bit sad that some fantastic tracks like Liqih's still find themselves flying under the radar, but there's real music in there that just transcends the OSC. I'm happy and glad you're all doing what you do!
BIG THANKS, of course, for getting my track up there! And the usual mASSIVe THANK YOU to bj and Richard! :hug:

I will take the plunge again with Sonimus: Britson console emulation (I'm so becoming a regular, who somehow never pays his own tap?! Hmmm...I hope, they don't hate me by now!)

I'm playing around with their stuff and it REALLY makes me want to do a song outside of the OSC again, haha, haven't done any in for ever. I completely love working with free vsts, but everything I've learned from you all here I have never quite used with commercial plugins... and they are sweet. I mean... dang.

Thanks for your kind words, Ranoka!

I think I'll pass on my prize this month, leaving the other goodies to z.prime and VCA-089.

I have too much stuff going on right now - a lot of untested equipment, and I'm a terrible multitasker, so... anything to help keep a clear mind! To quote the PSB song playing in the background, "it's psychological!" :cry: :o :hyper: Walking zen. 8)
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Taron wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:40 am do a song outside of the OSC
yes, please.

Remember folks, the keys to the kingdom are not flagship plugins, but actually maj9 super saws, reverb and ott.

I like console emus, but they do have soneq and tuco (or vladg's molot) for analog saturation emulation in the signal chain. When I record through my little console vs a cheap interface there's less of an audible difference than a saw wave in a c++ synth, and a synthmaker oscillator (both with anti-aliasing)... But it's nice to just have that light touch of "warmth" without having to do everything manually.
Last edited by 574X on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
quick, _ake what you want in life

Ooh just wait for the BSE ;)

Congrats to winners. This was really nice round with nice tracks. :tu:

Thank you all for giving your votes to my submission and congratulations to the winners!

When I was thinking about 1st place, I thought about Taron or mmGhost. Their wictory is well deserved and it is a good example to me and perhaps for all other participants that production rules everything! You could be a genious composer, but if you don't know how to make good mix, master, or how to make decent sounds from your gear (both hawrdware and software) you will likely not get your audience.

Congratulations for schiing and z.prime too. Such interesting entries, as always.

I wish to say thank you again for all your votes and comments. That was the biggest and hardest OSC I've ever joined. So many well known participants have returned with such great entries and I thought there will be no place to me in Top 5.

My entry was a pure experiment (as all other stuff I do) based on what I was listening to in 2017, without any practical knowledge how to make things. I would like to share my presets, but they all quite simple and most of them are emulations of analog synth sounds or simple noise that passed through external filters to make some sweep FX. On the other side, I've built a monstrous thing in FL Studio's Patcher that works as a drum machine, with so many instances stacked on top of each other and passed thorugh filters, EQs and other effects. That thing is so big and impractical to use in normal conditions, so may be I will make a samples of my drums someday.

For the prize I would like to have Synthmaster (if it is not already taken by z.prime). I want to thank KVR Audio for giving us such opportunity and I should test my strength in Synthmaster Contest next year.
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Well Done top 5 :clap: all great tracks indeed.

The quality all round was pretty amazing to me! Congratuations everyone :D

Well done to everyone, and especially the winners, excellent tracks all :party:

Return to “Instruments”