Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

Valhalla just posted a teaser on thier facebook page.

Sean said all the DSP/coding is done and all he has left to do is finish the GUI

:hyper:
Last edited by metalifuxx on Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

It's hard to imagine a majority of people on KVR having less than 3 tape delay plugins already, though.

Nice news! I'll be holding off buying any other delays then!
:borg:

masterhiggins wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:01 pm It's hard to imagine a majority of people on KVR having less than 3 tape delay plugins already, though.
True that. At the very least, a tape delay option in a "regular" delay plugin.

I bought it as soon as he said he was planning on making this plugin... sure, I don't need another delay, but do need to give Sean some of my money.

Instant buy

HcDoom wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:07 pmInstant buy
+1 :hyper:

(Hope it's more focused on the "creative" side than the modelling one, though...)
my website: https://samiyounes.com
Latest releases: Attraction for Omnisphere 2 | Magma for Omnisphere 2 | Time for Soundtoys EchoBoy

The video clip was of spooling tape in what was probably a Space Echo unit, and he responded saying he studied two completely different RE-201 units. So its possible that it might have different modes/types of delay or could just be a tape delay modeled after a Space Echo or maybe a couple different tape delay units. Guess we'll have to wait for more details until he chimes in.

This is actually bad news, afaic.

I'm really, really tired of delay plugins. There are some *amazing* ones already out there. I should know, I own like twelve of them.

I was already bored with U-He's "colour copy" because for me it just doesn't offer anything new or compelling to the world of delay effects.

Maybe Sean will pull some interesting tricks and make this worthwhile, but meanwhile, yawn.

As for tape / space-echo -- I can't think of anything yet another RE-201 emulation could give me that I don't already have covered with Modnetic from Surreal Machines, but whatev.
Last edited by mholloway on Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Take my Money..money..mone..mon..mo..m...

:hyper: :hyper:

might be the first Valhalla plug I buy. I recently tried the room verb plugin and it wasn't for me. I just didn't care for the sound compared to one I already had. I did spend some time reading on his site and very much like the person behind it all. I really like his thinking.
Last edited by ATS on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

+3 on already having like 13 delay plugins. Always interested in new stuff from Sean though... 🙂

mholloway wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:32 pmI was already bored with U-He's "colour copy" because for me it just doesn't offer anything new or compelling to the world of delay effects.
It does do offer some new things in the world of delay effects. You might have missed it, though.

masterhiggins wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:01 pm It's hard to imagine a majority of people on KVR having less than 3 tape delay plugins already, though.
Well, I mean it's not like there was a shortage of reverb plugins when the Vallhalla Verbs came out...

Return to “Effects”