Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

fisherKing wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:37 pm i bought it, but it's so good, am going to sell my license, and buy it again.

or maybe...

will just buy it four more times, so i can use five instances of it in logic... :D
They all sound different, just like the hardware. :idea:

pepelogu wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:15 pm Is this out already? I thought it was delayed?

:ud:
Yes, now it reverberates...
(Currently 59 pages...)

i tried the bucket-brigade options, but this did not help put out any fires...

fisherKing wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:16 pm i tried the bucket-brigade options, but this did not help put out any fires...

because you've mixed up firefighting with buying ice cream :)
those guys skipping look too happy to be in peril, so its an ice cream stall.

vurt wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:27 pm
fisherKing wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:16 pm i tried the bucket-brigade options, but this did not help put out any fires...

because you've mixed up firefighting with buying ice cream :)
those guys skipping look too happy to be in peril, so its an ice cream stall.
besides, third guy from the left is missing a pants leg...

best delay ever. tape and bbd are blowing my mind

dioxine wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:32 pm best delay ever. tape and bbd are blowing my mind

this thing is so versatile, and the sound quality is so good...

So after more testing i also must now say that it is amazing. I guess it will be my favorite delay together with Replika XT. They are both on the same level but totally different. But what is so great with Valhalla Delay that it is so easy and fast to tweak and get where you want to be.
While i prefer other reverbs i must say this delay is top of the top for me.
I took me some time to get used to it but this is just freaking good :tu:
I might even go to my NR.1 and Replika XT have to take the second place.
This plays so well with my beloved P900 that i already lost hours with playing around.
So, now i will buy it......

I love Replika XT, but... it'd be great to have something which doesn't take as much CPU with one instance, and 30% feedback as Spire with a 16 voice unison pad playing... might pick this up in a couple of days.

I have a few delay plugins, actually quite a few. I'm wondering if this is going to provide anything different.

Notable delays I have are various Waves plugins, ni replika, d16 group delays, fabfilter, and soundtoys.

Are there any standout features that Valhalla brings to the table?

Thanks

Why don't you download the demo and hear for yourself?

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:40 am I love Replika XT, but... it'd be great to have something which doesn't take as much CPU with one instance, and 30% feedback as Spire with a 16 voice unison pad playing... might pick this up in a couple of days.
Indeed, Replika XT is not very cpu friendly but i can live with it for the sound.
Where Replika XT still shines above all other delays for me are the unique options and the zero delay effect if you turn the dry+delay>mod on.
But indeed Valhalla Delay sounds as good (but different) and is also cpu friendly.
Since f.e. P900 is not really cpu-friendly and using a Replika XT on top plus a reverb is not always possible even on my machine. Valhalla Delay comes in very handy here.
It is a really great delay to nuance the already organic/analog timbres even much more.
Echoboy might be another great delay on the same level but the GUI is horror for me.
So Valhalla Delay is a big winner in every form. At the same time also maybe the most smooth to modulate with midi LFOs on automation parameters on top.
It´s a crazy and fast to use sound design tool. Using it as insert in a channel before 2CAudio´s Precedence and Breeze 2 is already one of my favorite Logic templates.
It´s one of those insert any synth and make it super HUGE and interesting and it will multiply any nuance from the source in a really good way.
From my point of view the best plug-in from ValhallaDSP. Not that the others are not really good but this is outstanding for me. I think there goes the next weekend. So good news the good weather here will be gone and it is going to be a rainy (or should i say grainy) weekend.

ReplikaXT is still hard to beat and for me ValhallaDelay will not replace it. But I give it a good third place after ReplikaXT and Echoboy.

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:01 pm Why don't you download the demo and hear for yourself?
:)

I tell you, if that would happen for everyone, we would see a 50% reduction of posts on KVR...

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:29 pm
Hermetech Mastering wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:01 pm Why don't you download the demo and hear for yourself?
:)

I tell you, if that would happen for everyone, we would see a 50% reduction of posts on KVR...
Others opinions can also be used a reason to validate a G.A.S purchase.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Return to “Effects”