Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

Like I keep suggesting: I wouldn't go into this expecting anything more than a good sounding delay with a pretty typical feature set.

It's not gonna be Melda, or Late Replies...it's probably going to overlap a lot of what's already out there...it's probably not going to do something amazing no one's ever thought of before...it's probably going to be like VintageVerb for delay. And by that I mean, a pretty basic control scheme and feature set, several different modes of operation based loosely on vintage delays, and that's pretty much it.

Sean has basically said as much if you followed development of this. He's into stompboxes, feels Ubermod was probably overkill in terms of features, wants to keep things simple with a single page GUI and just a few controls, and spent a lot of RnD time on different sounding tape and bucket brigade delays. So yeah...if you're looking for some new, crazy, whizz bang delay...you'll probably be disappointed.

I'm just hoping that it sounds really good. Like...REALLY good. Hopefully, that's where it brings something new to the table.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:48 pmI think we can all agree that the whole reason we watch videos in the first place is so we don't have to read. :wink:
:neutral: :tu:

Vortifex wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:37 pm The only little 'extra' I hope is in there is built-in ducking.
+1

Vortifex wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:37 pm The only little 'extra' I hope is in there is built-in ducking.
A must for every delay and reverb plugin.
Last edited by a9k1tp on Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yup! Once you go 'duck'... :shrug:

MogwaiBoy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:47 am
foosnark wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:44 am
MogwaiBoy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:57 am That's funny cuz it says 2018 at the end of the video :D
Maybe 2018 is the name of the plugin
That would actually be brilliant!!
:hihi: That might confuse some peeps because Eventide already has 2 plugs with 2016 in the title. Granted, those are reverbs, but still...

jens wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:46 am
MogwaiBoy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:57 am That's funny cuz it says 2018 at the end of the video :D
Maybe 2018 is the name of the plugin :hihi:
One of the great thing with internet-boards such as this one is that you meet people from all over the world and thus can learn a lot about other cultures. With the calendar system we use in the western world 2018 goes on for two more weeks.

What alternative calendars are people using on here?
Personally, I've got all the time in the world. And if it were any other month I'd agree about the remaining time. However, nobody would expect Sean, beta-testers, and whoever else is involved in getting this product to market, to work over the holiday season. That changes things :shrug:

Ducking in action:
https://youtu.be/fwrSYm4UMZw

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:26 pm
jens wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:46 am
Maybe 2018 is the name of the plugin :hihi:
One of the great thing with internet-boards such as this one is that you meet people from all over the world and thus can learn a lot about other cultures. With the calendar system we use in the western world 2018 goes on for two more weeks.

What alternative calendars are people using on here?
Personally, I've got all the time in the world. And if it were any other month I'd agree about the remaining time. However, nobody would expect Sean, beta-testers, and whoever else is involved in getting this product to market, to work over the holiday season. That changes things :shrug:
Completely agree with this, they should definitely work over the holiday season to release this, I mean, if someone is going to speculate about a release then it’s all the above’S mentioned responsibility to make sure it’s released, I couldn’t of worded it better if Sean had written it himself. Bravo sir, well spoken. BUT let’s keep on topic, the real question is should we expect Sean, beta-testers, and whoever else is involved in getting this product to market, to work over the holiday season. That sir, is the real question you should of asked :?

For me it’s okay that the delay is delayed... 's delay... 's dela... del... d...

Twitter:

"Heads up - the delay has been delayed. We're looking at Q1 2019 at this point. Still a few things to polish up."

Polish it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tired of tape-delay emulations myself. I'd still like to see a brand new take on something like OhmForce OhmBoyz delay. All those modulations you can do with a couple of different assignable LFOs are still quite unique. But I guess "tape delay" is still a nice fad... please get over it already. :(
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Return to “Effects”