Orchestral Essence, an orchestral/hybrid soundset for zebra

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

An orchestral palette of sounds for U-He Zebra2 covering emulations of acoustic instruments, including:

Brass: French horn, Trombone, Trumpet and Tuba.

Strings: Arp, String sections for Violins 1, Violins 2, Violas, Cellos and Contrabass, Pizzicato strings, Staccato strings, Shorts (many different ones), and some "sketch" single violins(usable).

Winds: Flute (various), Bassoon, Clarinets, English horn, oboe.

Mallets: Glockenspiel, Vibraphone.

Percussion: Crash cymbals, Gongs, Taikos, Timpani.

More than 40 Msegs included.
Last edited by Kel on Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Very interested

Thanks for the interest, aMUsed.

Here we are a little demo, house of cards theme done all in Zebra.

Please dont take this sounds as definitive, as Im still tweaking a hell of the soundbank, and improving. Still a lot to do.
Cheers.

https://soundcloud.com/ruberboy/houseofcards-zebra-demo

Another one. Still have to add some dynamics and vibrato to the trumpets. it doesn't use comb filter, but sounds good enough.

https://soundcloud.com/ruberboy/zebra-trumpets

If you hadn't said otherwise, I would have guessed it was sampled instruments for the orchestral sounds. I typically use more electronic synth sounds, though it seems you are on to something good!
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Like the orchestral idea you have,
hope there can be room
for a few windchimes in the collection,
or even as a separate mini-product.
The trumpet is really nice!
Cheers

Synth Brass is always welcome. :D

:ud: :wink: :) Thanks.

Actually, the brass I think was sounding a bit too sinthy at the moment, as it lacks dynamics still. But to be honest, all sample libs without a bit of midi massaging (Expression, volume, etc) dont sound perfect out of the box. In synth world we have to conform with emulation of expression via volume and filters instead of layers and layers of samples. The trumpet you hear on the house of cards theme have so much reverb(even on the original) that is difficult to differentiate.

The strings are a bit cheap at the moment, as you have guessed from the violins and cello sections, but I started doubling and EQing properly inside of zebra. In orchestral instruments(emulation), EQ and reverb inside zebra together with good use of Msegs are of much importance.

Will update soon with more stuff... Cheers.

This sounds really great already :tu:

Sounds fantastic. I think it sounds cleaner and more on point(timbre-wise) than my bank already.
Maybe a bit more amplitude modulation, though, to bring in a bit of focus? Everything sounds a bit far away.

Esgalachoir wrote:Sounds fantastic. I think it sounds cleaner and more on point(timbre-wise) than my bank already.
Maybe a bit more amplitude modulation, though, to bring in a bit of focus? Everything sounds a bit far away.
Thanks. There are very few people who adventured in the art of creating acoustic emulations with synths! you can count with your hand... You, Eldhart, Kaiyoti, Large(fl studio plugins) those really are the persons who woke up my curiosity. I am an admirer of your zebra bank (the zebra orchestra) but I arrived too late (i started with zebra only 1 month ago) Im a 2d artist/animator by day but music has always been with me so this is an experiment. Im flattered! I dont think my bank sounds any better than any other emulation. I dont use Spectrum analyzers a lot because I find that a naked ear with good references makes a better work, and most of the time its impossible to get the exact same spectrum (80% similarity if any) even if I can get to very similar frecuencies. You are correct as I still have to correct reverbs on zebra as I tend to use a lot of Wet/reflections. (those demos only use very few EQ's or compression and I only use 1 algo reverb if used). Thanks a lot!!.

P.D. The houseofcards demo was a little disaster volume wise. I will update it soon with more stuff added and fixed.
glokraw wrote:Like the orchestral idea you have,
hope there can be room
for a few windchimes in the collection,
or even as a separate mini-product.
The trumpet is really nice!
Cheers
I will find the time to make those additions to the bank, but you will have to wait a little. Thanks!

---

I still dont know how Im going to sell the bank, I may use some of those marketplaces so you have a way of downloading the latest bank version (unity style) without having to wait for emails or checks. I dont want to talk about prices yet, but If the quality is near of what I want I dont think its going to cost more than a cheap dinner ;). Cheers! will update soon.

Very promising work ! I'll keep an eye !

Thanks, Uggy. :wink:

Im looking into sites where I could put the bank. What are good places? any recommendations? I've looked into synthmob and ADSR.

Today Ive been looking at tax stuff so I couldnt work a lot on the bank but started working on the strings, staccatos, sustains and fast movements. A mini demo is coming soon, when it sounds good enough. I want to make about 100 patches or more, but I dont know if I will have enough time before putting it online in an usable state. I use real sounds from videos and music as reference, and some little banks(free synths) I did in my free time during 3 years with a lot of basic orchestral articulations that helps me go faster. I wont say what free synths I use, but you would be surprised of its sonic posibilities. Zebra is so powerful in comparison! its a pity ADSR sounds differ so much from synth to synth.

Cheers!

Wow! Great work! I can't believe these sounds come out from Zebra.
ImageMONA, the new skin for DIVA is released! | Follow me on Twitter.

The trumpets sound amazing !
I've been curious about trumpet synthesis recently so I'd love to buy your soundset to deconstruct the patches.

Return to “u-he”