Your opinion about Zebra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Empyrean (U-he Zebra 2 Presets) Zebra

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:16 pm This one doesn't have Zebra (indicating anything?)--it does have Hive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnEO3MSKtKI

The guy tried to make the same supersaw sound with them all, and they are all quite similar, with some a bit short on the high end and stereo spread. Can Zebra 2 not compare?
Hive has different oscs and voicing to Zebra. Some of the lessons from that will be rolled into Zebra 3. You can definitely do super saws in Zebra2, just that the character is different.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I know. I just never compared a Zebra supersaw to the others. But also it makes me curious that I hear people promoting Dune 3 for it supersaws, when they all sound pretty close. IIRC, it was because it could add more voices (which maybe the comparison video I posted didn't show).
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

There's a little more to Zebra 2 than a supersaw...

It is one of the best soft synths on the planet and there are not enough superlatives to accurately describe it :)
No auto tune...

It can do 4 oscillators, each with 11 voices, right? At least that's what I tried earlier (maybe there is some restriction I don't know about). It was pretty super.

yeah, sounding pretty super over here as well..

I just compared Zebra 2 to Dune, making a supersaw in both, and they sound similar to me. I ain't no supersaw purist, obviously.

Maybe we should all move on from the supersaw now ?

Let's check out the super comb instead :)
No auto tune...

personally I almost never use super saws, was just curious.

Zebra is like the walk-in cooler of a AAA Culinary Institute. You might not recognize everything inside it, you might have no idea how to cook or present everything inside it, but there are master chefs and videos that do. Wash your hands, sharpen your knives, fire up the burners, and cook! :hyper:

digitalboytn wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:08 am There's a little more to Zebra 2 than a supersaw...

It is one of the best soft synths on the planet and there are not enough superlatives to accurately describe it :)
Good summation :tu:

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:56 am I just compared Zebra 2 to Dune, making a supersaw in both, and they sound similar to me. I ain't no supersaw purist, obviously.
well I had both, sold Zebra and still using Dune 2 / 3 almost every day, but comparing Zebra with Dune is like comparing a burger with an ice cream :D

Oh, that thread... Reading first few pages i see my posts were good illustration of the Dunning-Kruger effect :hihi:

Still, it's somehow my least used U-He synth but probably it's the time to revisit it.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

digitalboytn wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:46 am Maybe we should all move on from the supersaw now ?
Yes, the of the time ultimatehammer and fabulouscrewdriver is upon us!

Don't forget the ultimate screwdriver and the fabulous hammer...

They are my new go to tools :)
No auto tune...

Gamechangerdrill.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Return to “Instruments”