Post just your TOP 3 wishlist for BITWIG 2.5.....

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Its clear why the beta 5 isn't published yet. For example MPE does not pitch down...
Let the elves first do their internal tests, I'll go back to 2.4 until an official beta 5 is out...

@MacGyver: If they find your links, they will rename their beta downloads in the future with unique numbers... If you find out these kinds of hacks, its not a good idea to publish them...

Please don't post any unofficial links that are not listed on the website or in the user accounts.

Thanks,
Dom

Nice, I don't need to report a bug in an unofficial leak... :tu:

dom@bitwig wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:31 pm Please don't post any unofficial links that are not listed on the website or in the user accounts.

Thanks,
Dom
Ok, sorry for that. I thought you guys just had no time yet to write the changelog or so.

- more audio editing tools (better pitch correction, warping, better workflow)
- more midi editing tools (better workflow and tools for arrangements and piano roll)
- more recording tools (comping, better workflow, etc)

All the flashy stuff for 3.0 looks great, but that just seems like sound design features. What this daw needs is to morph a bit into a studio daw, with tighter, more intuitive editing and workflow. I couldn't care less about sound design if I'm struggling to do simple things like edit midi, record/edit audio, etc. It's a turnoff when it comes to producing.
Last edited by joeballs on Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OMG Bitwig still does not properly midi import pitchbend values... C'mon, please add this to 2.5, thank you!

has everyone here seen the new automation modes in live 10.1? similar to studio one.I am gonna keep my update plan going for sure as bitwig is the most fun and allround my favourite. But i have to say, on a practical level, live is starting to look prety good again!
i suppose the competition is good.

summer2000 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:54 pm
arrakeen wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:54 pm 1) A mixer that correctly shows VU meter activity for audio that is audible.

Looking at the mixer, when tracks are grouped, *with the group container open*, soloing other tracks anywhere in the project results in VU meters being active in *grouped tracks* _in addition _ to the solo'd track, which should be the only track with VU meters displaying audio activity.
Are the devs aware of this glaring ongoing issue? I currently own a 1.x Bitwig license and would like to upgrade any day now after hearing about version 3. I'm currently demoing the latest version 2.x available and this solo bug is terribly annoying when mixing and mastering.

Has Bitwig stated when this issue will be fixed? I'm afraid I will not purchase the upgrade until it is resolved.
It's been over two weeks since I emailed Bitwig support about this issue and have yet to get a response from them. Oh well, I'm guessing this problem doesn't seem to bother the majority of users or else I'm sure they would have addressed it by now.

Bitwig should take a look at Ableton Live, Cubase, and S1 for example to see how soloing with groups is handled the right way.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

summer2000 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:05 am
It's been over two weeks since I emailed Bitwig support about this issue and have yet to get a response from them. Oh well, I'm guessing this problem doesn't seem to bother the majority of users or else I'm sure they would have addressed it by now.
Please email it again,rather email it at beta@bitwig.com since 2.5 is just around the corner and it looks more like a bug fix than a feature request.Also mention your OS,Bitwig version number,Audio inteface and other computer specs.

newtobitwig wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:38 am
summer2000 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:05 am
Please email it again,rather email it at beta@bitwig.com since 2.5 is just around the corner and it looks more like a bug fix than a feature request.Also mention your OS,Bitwig version number,Audio inteface and other computer specs.
Nahh that's ok. The first email should have been good enough. Bitwig is not my primary DAW anyway. Maybe some of you who actively keep them in business can voice your opinion about it till they fix that bug.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

Being able to adjust knobs via wheel on mouse would be super nice. Put cursor over knob, move wheel, and adjust.

Return to “Bitwig”