Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

Finally, a new synth from Native Instruments, who used to be at the top of the game in synth land nearly a decade ago. I'm talking vsti's, not reaktor stuff, which is awesome in its own right. To be fair, it's an update or maybe an offshoot of massive. It's not really clear at the moment. Post what you guys know here and show some love to NI for actually releasing/upgrading a synth for once (in a decade?).

Massive X:

The forthcoming sequel to NI's virtual analog synth is more extreme, more expressive, and more expandable in every way.

Available June 2019.

On its release, Massive X will be made available as a free download to owners of Komplete 12, Komplete 12 Ultimate, and the new Collector's Edition. Pricing for crossgrades and individual purchases will be announced at a later date.

More info can be found on NI's site : https://www.native-instruments.com/de/p ... massive-x/

and on there blog : https://blog.native-instruments.com/mas ... massive-x/

April 17th, 2019 - First Videos added!

First Videos!

https://youtu.be/OX_Vd7EBXFA
ART Mode -One of the most interesting modes is ART (Artificial Resonance Technology). It uses hard-sync and some clever processing to create something very similar to a high resonating bandpass filter. It doesn’t aim to be a hyper-realistic analog filter clone – instead, it pushes into artificial filter territory that analog filters can’t reach. Meanwhile, a Body control lets you dial bass back in, allowing highly resonant sounds that don’t lose their bass energy.

https://youtu.be/x_tz0zna6Wc

Gorilla mode. Suited to simple wavetables with minimal spectral complexity, such as a triangle, it’s vulgar and aggressive, specializing in over-the-top sounds.

Blog

https://blog.native-instruments.com/mas ... r-section/
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:07 am, edited 17 times in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Looking forward to it. :)

Damn, i am so sick of loud obnoxious flashing lights videos with zero useful information.

NI would do better to sack all the useless dumb marketing droids and employ some more developers, especially some that can make hidpi interfaces.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

Looking forward to february. 8)
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Bioethical Genome Modification.

Kypresso wrote:
Damn, i am so sick of loud obnoxious flashing lights videos with zero useful information.

NI would do better to sack all the useless dumb marketing droids and employ some more developers, especially some that can make hidpi interfaces.
wait, you don't think that everything one could want to know about MX is in that video? :wink:

Soooo... Massive X is a spiky rubber ball? Not sure I need one of those.
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote:
Soooo... Massive X is a spiky rubber ball? Not sure I need one of those.
dude, everyone needs a spiky rubber ball...........

Gotta love trailers. They even added in the Hans Zimmer "hoooonk" for extra effectiveness.

Kypresso wrote:

Well... it's not as if they wouldn't do it for dumb customers who get easily impressed by flashy blinky product videos with zero useful information.

Touch The Universe wrote:..... Post what you guys know here .....

"MASSIVE X is an addition to the MASSIVE family, and will exist side by side with the original instrument. "

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... massive-x/

I guess Native Instruments gave up on UI design. They are above it because they are future of sound
Murderous duck!

It's reassuring to know that I am not the only one confused by that Massive X trailer on the NI site....

All I could think was,"WTF is that all about ?"

So I was asking about it on the Komplete 12 thread here...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=505585&start=375
digitalboytn wrote: While I'm here,maybe someone can enlighten me on just what that trailer on the NI site for Massive X is all about ?

You get some HD sights and sounds,but no information on the actual synth itself...

Just the typical sort of BS that NI seems to be serving up these days :wink:
david.beholder wrote:I guess Native Instruments gave up on UI design. They are above it because they are future of sound
Yes Sir...When you are the future of sound,I guess you don't have to listen to your customers anymore...

Except those customers might smarten up and become your ex-customers and not help you pay off that Massive debt to the private equity company :wink:
No auto tune...

I hope NI are listening. If they neglect this segment of the market and wait this long to release any new synths then the perception of the company will understandably shift to the negative (especially on kvr). While I'm happy to see something new, I understand the reception I'm seeing here is completely justified. Let's hope the marketing decision which "allowed" this new synth is a trend that continues or affirms whatever they were hoping for with the release (more sales?). Guess maybe the sells weren't as good as previous years last time?

Any news on who the developer is?

I'm also hoping to see some of the technology used in reaktor blocks available in synth land. I want to say a synth or vsti, but that would include reaktor. It sucks I have to clarify a synth that doesn't need another synth to work. State of things at NI I guess :roll:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Looks like NI is not going to update any of their older products. If instead they make Massive X brand new synth, we're not getting FM8 or Absynth update either.

Also, late 2018 and still no high-DPI support :-?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Instruments”