Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

I'm really not trolling or being unreasonable. The thread is about Massive X, the delay was brought up, I'm talking about it. If you want to be accepting of NI's actions then fine, but respect people like myself who have an opposing viewpoint.

chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:04 pm
rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:02 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:01 pm
rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:57 pm For all the people who are OK with this, please Paypal me $100 and I'll deliver to you the greatest synth ever next month. Of course I reserve the right to delay it as much as I want to ensure quality.

:lol:
:?:

There was no pre-sale for Massive X as far as i'm aware of...
So what would you call selling a package that includes Massive X (when it's released)? To me, that's a pre-sale.
Ok then. Be impatient if you want to be impatient on other peoples behalf.
ftfy.
he doesn't even have komplete12 :hihi:

rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:09 pm I'm really not trolling or being unreasonable. The thread is about Massive X, the delay was brought up, I'm talking about it. If you want to be accepting of NI's actions then fine, but respect people like myself who have an opposing viewpoint.
It's a bit hard to do that when you find it unreasonable that people get upset. Really, is a delay like that so severe? What exactly is so severe about it? Are people being sad about it? Is it just that they can't wait? What is it exactly? It's hard for me to understand that people are upset that a company takes its time, instead of releasing a buggy product. It's also hard for to understand the attitude behind it. It rather reminds me of kids waiting impatiently for christmas presents than adults waiting for a product they make good use of.

It also makes me wonder if the respective people have a day job. And if they never took longer than they had to when doing something on their job.

I see parallels between NI Massive X and u-he Zebra 3 in this regard that both companies are under pressure to release a sequel to their most popular product.

Etienne1973 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:18 pm I see parallels between NI Massive X and u-he Zebra 3 in this regard that both companies are under pressure to release a sequel to their most popular product.
OT:
My guess is that Bazille is u-he most popular.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:17 pm
rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:09 pm I'm really not trolling or being unreasonable. The thread is about Massive X, the delay was brought up, I'm talking about it. If you want to be accepting of NI's actions then fine, but respect people like myself who have an opposing viewpoint.
It's a bit hard to do that when you find it unreasonable that people get upset. Really, is a delay like that so severe? What exactly is so severe about it? Are people being sad about it? Is it just that they can't wait? What is it exactly? It's hard for me to understand that people are upset that a company takes its time, instead of releasing a buggy product. It's also hard for to understand the attitude behind it. It rather reminds me of kids waiting impatiently for christmas presents than adults waiting for a product they make good use of.
I really can't explain it any more simply than I already have. If you sell something and commit to a delivery date, then move the date out when you've already taken payment for it, that is a bad business practice.

To be clear, I'm not bent out of shape about this. It just makes me feel negative towards NI.

To respond to others, I am observing this without having paid for Komplete 12. I still can have an opinion on the matter. I guess I have to have a few thousand posts on KVR before I can be treated respectfully?

For those upset about the delay, which one of these would you choose if you had to choose only one and there are no other choices.

1. Product is delayed. When released it is RELATIVELY bug free.

2. Product is released on time. When released, product has some major problems with it.

Pick one of the above.

This should be interesting.

It also makes me wonder if the respective people have a day job. And if they never took longer than they had to when doing something on their job.
And I'm a project manager. When we deliver late, the customers get upset. :clap:

OK apparently I live in an alternate universe where people expect vendors to meet delivery commitments. I'm going to check out of this thread rather than continue to argue with like 6 people.

Well.. there's nothing i can reply to that, except to say that i'm a bit sad that we're living in such excessively hysteric times that people get nuts about a software product getting delayed. You know, i still hail from times when there was no internet where everyone could vent when he doesn't get what he wants, and people were really relaxed and calm about things. See, i could understand if you're pissed off when your kitchen doesn't get delivered in time, or the beds for your bedroom, or something like that. Not a soft synths which was supposed to be in some package among tons of other stuff, and wasn't delivered in time, so customers have to wait a couple more months. Really, i can't relate. Over and out.

That guy has first world problems...

Take it to court, it is that simple
dedication to flying

rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:21 pm
Really, is a delay like that so severe? What exactly is so severe about it? Are people being sad about it? Is it just that they can't wait? What is it exactly? It's hard for me to understand that people are upset that a company takes its time, instead of releasing a buggy product.
I really can't explain it any more simply than I already have. If you sell something and commit to a delivery date, then move the date out when you've already taken payment for it, that is a bad business practice.

To be clear, I'm not bent out of shape about this. It just makes me feel negative towards NI.

To respond to others, I am observing this without having paid for Komplete 12. I still can have an opinion on the matter. I guess I have to have a few thousand posts on KVR before I can be treated respectfully?
This shit is definitely a sign of current-day society internet entitled behavior. Sorry. People disagreeing with you has to be turned into a failure to respect you. Just short of kvetching about your right to free speech. Someone disagreed with you, that's all.

If someone bought this before the release date, you know what that was? A pre-order. I pre-ordered Kontakt [6] upgrade.
I knew what I was doing. I was buying into something that didn't happen yet! :lol:
I didn't have anything riding on it but $99. No one has anything riding on this except for a modest price.
IE: Since you (the universal you, before you weaponize that bit :) ) haven't worked with it, and have only some basic points of its architecture revealed, you can't exactly be relying on it for projects, let alone for your livelihood.

For those of us who have been around a while, these things are priced insanely low. It's never enough, though.
With all due respect: Grow up.

rod_zero wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:55 pm Take it to court, it is that simple
:lol:

Actually I was part of a FB group [it pretty much started here, too] that talked quite a lot about Kore 2 and a failure on the part of NI to, something something. There was even an attorney and some research. The entertainment value of that became a situation of diminishing returns before too long, to be sure.

jancivil wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:05 pm
rlared wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:21 pm
Really, is a delay like that so severe? What exactly is so severe about it? Are people being sad about it? Is it just that they can't wait? What is it exactly? It's hard for me to understand that people are upset that a company takes its time, instead of releasing a buggy product.

This shit is definitely a sign of current-day society internet entitled behavior. Sorry. People disagreeing with you has to be turned into a failure to respect you. Just short of kvetching about your right to free speech. Someone disagreed with you, that's all.

If someone bought this before the release date, you know what that was? A pre-order. I pre-ordered Kontakt [6] upgrade.
I knew what I was doing. I was buying into something that didn't happen yet! :lol:
I didn't have anything riding on it but $99. No one has anything riding on this except for a modest price.
IE: Since you (the universal you, before you weaponize that bit :) ) haven't worked with it, and have only some basic points of its architecture revealed, you can't exactly be relying on it for projects, let alone for your livelihood.

For those of us who have been around a while, these things are priced insanely low. It's never enough, though.
With all due respect: Grow up.
You have 16,000 posts on KVR. Sorry but you're just a person twice my age who spends every day in front of a computer. Spare me your social analysis of a generation you don't understand.

Return to “Instruments”