Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

TaylorSN wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:38 am
Elektronisch wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:20 am
TaylorSN wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:13 am
Honestly, I can't see this as being an example of fanboy-ism... He makes valid points, NI(or any dev, for that matter) really doesn't owe you anything, they're making a product, and you're paying for the final product - if you decide to do so.
Of course they don’t owe me. The problem is I’m not implying the opposite. And when a mere display of concern is taken as personal attack and is answered with hostility - it’s a clear sign of fanboyinsm, I think.

Edit: see below :tu:
I can guarantee im no fanboy (im still on K11U and not really planing to update to 12) ;) but i am concerned about people being concerned for no apearent reason and express in a way like they are entitled to something and spreading negativiy :) i mean why you have get yourself concerned first without checking Native instruments first? its just mind bending.

I mean just check theyr website, check your native access. I just yesterday saw updates for some older kontakt libraries. If you are subscribed to theyr newstellers they are quite active there with various tutorials interviews ect. They are active in social media. And it is said Massive X is coming february. Come one its still middle of january... Ni is clearly alive and life is happening there :lol:
Is this a prank? How do you even manage to warp my words so badly? Should I really explain the difference between concern and explicit statement about whether would or would not the synth be released on time? Should I reconstruct for you the timeline of FIVE forum posts for some reason? I’m continuing this out of sheer curiosity at this moment, so I’ll do it if you’ll say so.
I didnt wrapped them, or is that not your quote? How the stuff you said is relevant with Massive X release i dont know really, im also curious now.
TaylorSN wrote:Please chill. They haven’t presented anything about MX other than a couple of seconds in their K12 announcement video. Did they? They did not.
(And I’m kinda surprised of your implication that anything that they could've present is just a release date)
I see growing disappointment with their Komplete updates, lack of support for older products and evidence of some shaky stuff with Kontakt 6 and I’m just expressing my concerns. I’m a customer, not a fanboy, it’s not like I owe them anything, right?

I didnt wrapped them, or is that not your quote? How the stuff you said is relevant with Massive X release i dont know really, im also curious
Alright, the recap:
1. What I did say:
- That NI have been silent about anything regarding this particular synth. (Which is a fact)
- That I’m concerned. (Fact I guess?)
- That I don’t owe them anything. (Which is also a fact, but I think I should reiterate. You said they are trusted developer, and I was answering primarily to that. I don’t owe them my trust just on a basis of them being generally respected and I stated the source of my concern).

2. What I have implied:
- NI could’ve present some promo material regarding Massive X like videos or at least list of functions. (They definitely DO care about presentation and marketing judging by their YouTube channel. Also, K12 was announced a month before it’s actual release, so I see no contradiction to their presumed politics if they’ve decided to a do proper campaign).

3. What I did not say (nor implied):
- That it should also be yours or anyone else’s concern.
- That MX is not going to launch in February.
- That NI owe me anything.
- That you owe me anything.
- That NI are bad developers.
- That you are a bad person.
- Basically anything else that you would try to assume based on my three less than 1000 characters combined posts.

Can you guys cut the usual crap and stop posting until there is some actual news about Massive X?
Deal with your personal keyboard battles in private. Please.

TaylorSN wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:13 am
I didnt wrapped them, or is that not your quote? How the stuff you said is relevant with Massive X release i dont know really, im also curious
Alright, the recap:
1. What I did say:
- That NI have been silent about anything regarding this particular synth. (Which is a fact) wich is always was
- That I’m concerned. (Fact I guess?) yes
- That I don’t owe them anything. (Which is also a fact, but I think I should reiterate. You said they are trusted developer, and I was answering primarily to that. I don’t owe them my trust just on a basis of them being generally respected and I stated the source of my concern). Yes

2. What I have implied:
- NI could’ve present some promo material regarding Massive X like videos or at least list of functions. (They definitely DO care about presentation and marketing judging by their YouTube channel. Also, K12 was announced a month before it’s actual release, so I see no contradiction to their presumed politics if they’ve decided to a do proper campaign). Ok

3. What I did not say (nor implied):
- That it should also be yours or anyone else’s concern. Ok
- That MX is not going to launch in February. Yes you did, answering to this"Patience. It's coming in February." quote from you "Does it, though? Lack of any official info is rather concerning."
- That NI owe me anything. Yes
- That you owe me anything. Yes
- That NI are bad developers. Indirectly, but doesnt matter, ok
- That you are a bad person. Gotcha
- Basically anything else that you would try to assume based on my three less than 1000 characters combined posts. i dont care anymore tbh
Peace :)

Massive is my go to synth so of course, I'm excited to see what Massive X has to offer.
But if its not the messiah of sound design, the true successor from massive, the one to bring unity to the force, i will unleash three calamities on earth.

Nah, i wish there will be a demo, and maybe crossgrade offer for massive owners. I don't suffer from GAS so if it doesnt live up to its name, no biggie

Daru925 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:53 pm Massive is my go to synth so of course, I'm excited to see what Massive X has to offer.
But if its not the messiah of sound design, the true successor from massive, the one to bring unity to the force, i will unleash three calamities on earth.
just three?.....

The Monark filter will already bring the house down. :)

fisherKing wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:15 pm
Daru925 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:53 pm Massive is my go to synth so of course, I'm excited to see what Massive X has to offer.
just three?.....
Well, only real wimps need more to do the job. I can usually take care of things with one or two. :lol:

I won’t speculate on the quality of Massive X. I’m sure it’ll be good, but the fact that it’s not a new version of Massive does bum me out a bit. It basically says, “we can’t or won’t update our legacy VST plugins, except Reaktor, Battery and Kontakt.” They actually have a history of this. Vokotor and Spektral Delay, for instance. That doesn’t really put them out of the “trusted developer” bucket, at least in my mind, but I do wish that they’d just sell the source code of Absynth, FM8 and Massive 2 to a developer who’ll show them some TLC.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Massive X IS sort of Massive 2 though, isn't it? I mean, why call it Massive at all, if it doesn't have anything to do with it? It's a wavetable synth, it has similarities in modulation, and module architecture, and it also has macro functions. I'd call it Massive's successor. Even if it looks like a Reaktor ensemble. :D

Um, by the way… the Massive X page says "Available from June 2019" now. :o

statue wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:40 pm Can you guys cut the usual crap and stop posting until there is some actual news about Massive X?
Deal with your personal keyboard battles in private. Please.
This.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:31 pm Um, by the way… the Massive X page says "Available from June 2019" now. :o
I thought that was a troll post but then i checked.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... massive-x/

I love the original Massive. One of my favorite synths of all time. I'd like to use the "massive" number of presets I have on a larger GUI as its small size makes it fiddly at times to work with.

With the announcement of Massive X, this most likely means that my wish for a larger GUI Massive that can load those presets will never come to be.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:31 pm Um, by the way… the Massive X page says "Available from June 2019" now. :o
Well, let's put this thread to rest until at least May. :wink:

There are some new screen shots to tide you over until then, I guess.
Last edited by jsp1979 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mutantdog wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:35 pm
I thought that was a troll post but then i checked.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... massive-x/
I wished i was trolling… :D

Return to “Instruments”