Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

I think people expected to see MX being hyped like some companies does this for theyr prior to release (ik multimedia for ex, uhe with public betas). But as far as i remember Native Instruments was never like, just some random day "hey here it is, this is new plugin and bunch of videos, you can buy it" :-D

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 pm
TaylorSN wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:27 pm
zenophilix wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:05 pm
TaylorSN wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:11 pm Does it, though? Lack of any official info is rather concerning.
Besides that, I mean. They were completely silent about it since October.
Sorry, but I really don‘t see your point. What should they say in the meantime? „We stay with what we annonced“? „Nothing has changed with our time line“? C‘mon, be serious. Native Instruments is one of the biggest and most reliable companies in this business. They‘ve earned a bit trust in what they‘re doing. Okay, and now I make some music with Kontakt... :phones:
Please chill. They haven’t presented anything about MX other than a couple of seconds in their K12 announcement video. Did they? They did not.
(And I’m kinda surprised of your implication that anything that they could've present is just a release date)
I see growing disappointment with their Komplete updates, lack of support for older products and evidence of some shaky stuff with Kontakt 6 and I’m just expressing my concerns. I’m a customer, not a fanboy, it’s not like I owe them anything, right?

TaylorSN wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:27 am
TaylorSN wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:11 pm Does it, though? Lack of any official info is rather concerning.
Sorry, but I really don‘t see your point. What should they say in the meantime? „We stay with what we annonced“? „Nothing has changed with our time line“? C‘mon, be serious. Native Instruments is one of the biggest and most reliable companies in this business. They‘ve earned a bit trust in what they‘re doing. Okay, and now I make some music with Kontakt... :phones:
Please chill. They haven’t presented anything about MX other than a couple of seconds in their K12 announcement video. Did they? They did not.
(And I’m kinda surprised of your implication that anything that they could've present is just a release date)
I see growing disappointment with their Komplete updates, lack of support for older products and evidence of some shaky stuff with Kontakt 6 and I’m just expressing my concerns. I’m a customer, not a fanboy, it’s not like I owe them anything, right?
They also dont owe you nothing, you bought theyr product as it was/is, they give updates to theyr older products to support new OS (wich is a good thing).

Dont be paranoid and chill, NI did more then they had to just by showing that new Massive is coming. What do you want more? a f*cking confetti with balloons and a pre-release party of a release party? :lol:

Its said February (didnt specified the date), wait till end of it and then rant ;)

Im no fanboy, but its crazy to see such entitlement from various people like they are something more then any other customer.

They also dont owe you nothing, you bought theyr product as it was/is, they give updates to theyr older products to support new OS (wich is a good thing).

Dont be paranoid and chill, NI did more then they had to just by showing that new Massive is coming. What do you want more? a f*cking confetti with balloons and a pre-release party of a release party? :lol:

Its said February (didnt specified the date), wait till end of it and then rant ;)

Im no fanboy, but its crazy to see such entitlement from various people like they are something more then any other customer.
Did I really said any of this? You sure you’re not projecting or anything?
I’m starting to understand what exactly is meant by NI fanboy here, sheesh...

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:35 am What do you want more? a f*cking confetti with balloons and a pre-release party of a release party? :lol:
Some of the entitled souls around here would expect way more than a bit of confetti,some balloons and a pre,pre release party...

That would only insult them....

It must be funking hard when you are royalty :wink:
No auto tune...

TaylorSN wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:27 am
Pretty much BS. Go and troll elsewhere please.

TaylorSN wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:05 am

Did I really said any of this? You sure you’re not projecting or anything?
I’m starting to understand what exactly is meant by NI fanboy here, sheesh...
Honestly, I can't see this as being an example of fanboy-ism... He makes valid points, NI(or any dev, for that matter) really doesn't owe you anything, they're making a product, and you're paying for the final product - if you decide to do so.

Personally, I'd rather a developer spend more time on the product than try and deliver a stellar marketing campaign. And, hell, it's Massive II: The Massivening, so it's pretty likely that the majority of the producer community is in the know at this point. :shrug:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

It’s all gone KVR... again...

As elekronisch said, the way NI have always released products is that one day they appear. It’s very unusual to get a teaser like this at all, clearly done to boost sales of Komplete since Massive X wasn’t ready in time. I’d expect nothing more until release day, there won’t be a drip feed of teasers.
Last edited by noiseboyuk on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Honestly, I can't see this as being an example of fanboy-ism... He makes valid points, NI(or any dev, for that matter) really doesn't owe you anything, they're making a product, and you're paying for the final product - if you decide to do so.
Of course they don’t owe me. The problem is I’m not implying the opposite. And when a mere display of concern is taken as personal attack and is answered with hostility - it’s a clear sign of fanboyinsm, I think.

Edit: see below :tu:
Last edited by TaylorSN on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

TaylorSN wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:13 am
Of course they don’t owe me. The problem is I’m not implying the opposite. And when a mere display of concern is taken as personal attack and is answered with hostility - it’s a clear sign of fanboyinsm, I think.
OMG, a noobie with 14 posts wants to tell us, what‘s wrong and what‘s right... :roll:

I came here expecting to read something about NI’s new XSynth.... My mistake!

I can guarantee im no fanboy (im still on K11U and not really planing to update to 12) ;) but i am concerned about people being concerned for no apearent reason and express in a way like they are entitled to something and spreading negativiy :) i mean why you have get yourself concerned first without checking Native instruments first? its just mind bending.

I mean just check theyr website, check your native access. I just yesterday saw updates for some older kontakt libraries. If you are subscribed to theyr newstellers they are quite active there with various tutorials interviews ect. They are active in social media. And it is said Massive X is coming february. Come one its still middle of january... Ni is clearly alive and life is happening there :lol:

p.s. i dont see where you were attacked. If you mean by F word, i didnt said it to you? its an expression used in english to sometimes to give a stronger expression. :)
Last edited by Elektronisch on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:20 am

I can guarantee im no fanboy (im still on K11U and not really planing to update to 12) ;) but i am concerned about people being concerned for no apearent reason and express in a way like they are entitled to something and spreading negativiy :) i mean why you have get yourself concerned first without checking Native instruments first? its just mind bending.

I mean just check theyr website, check your native access. I just yesterday saw updates for some older kontakt libraries. If you are subscribed to theyr newstellers they are quite active there with various tutorials interviews ect. They are active in social media. And it is said Massive X is coming february. Come one its still middle of january... Ni is clearly alive and life is happening there :lol:
Is this a prank? How do you even manage to warp my words so badly? Should I really explain the difference between concern and explicit statement about whether would or would not the synth be released on time? Should I reconstruct for you the timeline of FIVE forum posts for some reason? I’m continuing this out of sheer curiosity at this moment, so I’ll do it if you’ll say so.

Well, till we have something about Massive X, I thought to check if I can be alright with the original Massive if in any case I find break dealer with the new Massive (like a price or unreasonable CPU usage).

I really still find Massive a very powerful synth! It lacks maybe the aggressiveness of Factory or Serum, but it still amazes me :D Last thing I have seen is the below video. The first example about how to achieve this smooth analogue sound is really great. I'm going to translate this "randomness" to every digital synth I have and see!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCdD7SabVb8
Last edited by EnGee on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

I wonder if they will put 'Komplete' and updates on sale when they launch this?

I also haven't updated my Komplete Ultimate for a number of years as there just hasn't been anything that interested me other than the Reactor update (that I bought stand alone in the sale). I may have updated Ultimate on the promise of 'X' if the Kontact update had been a little more exciting, but there was nothing that enticed me, bu6t it will be interesting to see the price difference on a Komplete Upgrade Vs buying this on launce (deal) stand-alone.

Quick question - has anyone with Komplete Ultimate just updated to normal Komplete, how does that work (I assume you can still use all your older KU libraries etc)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”