License on MacOS

Official support for: photosounder.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I purchased the latest version of Photosounder and use it on a PC & Mac. I get where the license file goes on the PC but where does it get installed on a MacOS? The program seemed to run ok without it. Do you only need this license file on a PC?

Eric

Hello,

I am using it on Mac OS and I had to download the "license.dat" file and keep it in the same folder as Photosounder (probably a "Photosounder" folder within the Applications folder, or directly the Applications folder if the Photosounder program is located there).

Of course, Photosounder must be the real program and not the Demo version (the are to be downloaded from different places, as you probably know).

I couldn't figure out where the license file should go on macOS since Gatekeeper prevents me from accessing files in the same folder as the app so I turned off the license file checking entirely. Tbh it's a rather pointless thing anyway, the only thing it achieves is get me emails from people who can't do it right. I'd turn it off for both if it wasn't for the advantage that it allows to open the page to download the full version directly from the program.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

Return to “Photosounder”